- Dendritic cell and monocyte chemokine-like protein (DMC/CXCL17/VEGF-correlated chemokine 1/VCC-1), is a secreted molecule with a size and predicted 3-dimensional folding pattern similar to that of chemokines CXCL8/IL-8 and CXCL14/BRAK. CXCL17 is constitutively generated by airway and intestinal epithelium. It induces the chemotaxis of quiescent, but not LPS-activated peripheral blood monocytes and dendritic cells, and it also binds these cells specifically. The expression of CXCL17 is increased in endothelial cells when they are induced to form tubes in vitro. CXCL17, CXCL1/GRO and CXCL8/IL-8 which have roles in angiogenesis, show significantly correlated expression with that of VEGF in primary lung, breast and esophageal tumors. Therefore, CXCL17 is suggested to have a role in tumor angiogenesis. The mature Rat CXCL17 shares 82%, 71% amino acid sequence identity with mouse, human CXCL17, respectively. Recombinant rat CXCL17 produced in E. coli is a single, non-glycosylated polypeptide chain of 97 amino acids and a molecular mass of 11.5 kDa. It has been purified by proprietary chromatographic techniques.
- Product Overview
- Rat Cxcl17 expressed in E.coli
- CAT# CSC-CTK0866-25 (25 μg); CAT# CSC-CTK0866-125 (125 μg)
- Greater than 95% as determined by SDS-PAGE and HPLC analysis.
- Fully biologically active when compared to a standard. Biological activity was determined by its ability to induce VEGF expression in mouse endothelial cells. The ED50 for this effect is typically 1-5 μg/ml.
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 1 EU/μg.
- White (freeze-dried) powder. Lyophilized from a sterile-filtered (0.2 μm), concentrated protein solution in 20 mM phosphate buffer (pH 7.4),300 mM NaCl.
- Please centrifuge product briefly before opening the vial. Reconstitute in sterile, ultra-pure water to a concentration of 0.1-1.0 mg/ml. This solution can be diluted into other aqueous buffers and stored at -20°C for future use.
- Storage & Stability
- The lyophilized powder, though stable at room temperature for up to 3 weeks, is best stored desiccated at -20°C. Reconstituted CXCL16 should be used immediately or stored long-term in undiluted working aliquots at -20°C. For long-term storage, it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA). Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
If you use this products in your scientific publication, it should be cited in the publication as: Creative Bioarray cat no. If your paper has been published, please click here to submit the Pub Med ID of your paper to get a coupon.