- Chemokine (C-C motif) ligand 7 (CCL7) is a small cytokine known as a chemokine that was previously called monocyte-specific chemokine 3 (MCP3). Due to CCL7 possessing two adjacent N-terminal cysteine residues in its mature protein, it is classified among the subfamily of chemokines known as CC chemokines. CCL7 specifically attracts monocytes, and regulates macrophage function. It is produced by certain tumor cell lines and by macrophages. This chemokine is located on chromosome 17 in humans, in a large cluster containing many other CC chemokines and is most closely related to CCL2(previously called MCP1). Recombinant rat MCP-3 produced in E. coli is a non-glycosylated polypeptide chain of 74 amino acids and a molecular mass of 8.5 kDa. It has been purified by proprietary chromatographic techniques.
- Product Overview
- Rat Ccl7 expressed in E.coli
- CAT# CSC-CTK0860-10 (10 μg); CAT# CSC-CTK0860-50 (50 μg)
- Greater than 97% as determined by SDS-PAGE and RP-HPLC analysis.
- Recombinant MCP-3 is fully biologically active when compared to a standard. The biological activity was determined by its ability to chemoattract human peripheral blood monocytes using a concentration range of 50.0-300.0 ng/ml.
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 1 EU/μg.
- White (freeze-dried) powder. Lyophilized from a sterile-filtered (0.2 μm), concentrated protein solution in 20 mM phosphate buffer, 300 mM NaCl, (pH 7.4).
- Please centrifuge product before opening vial. The lyophilized protein should be reconstituted in sterile, ultra-pure water to a concentration of 0.1-1.0 mg/ml. This solution can then be diluted into other aqueous buffers and stored at -20°C for future use.
- Storage & Stability
- The lyophilized protein, though stable at room temperature for up to 3 weeks, is best stored desiccated at -20°C. Reconstituted rHu MCP-3 should be used immediately or stored long-term in undiluted working aliquots at -20°C. For long-term storage it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA). Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
If you use this products in your scientific publication, it should be cited in the publication as: Creative Bioarray cat no. If your paper has been published, please click here to submit the Pub Med ID of your paper to get a coupon.