- Chemokine (C-C motif) ligand 6 (CCL6) is a small cytokine belonging to the CC chemokine family that has only been identified in rodents. In mice, CCL6 is expressed in cells from neutrophil and macrophage lineages, and can be greatly induced under conditions suitable for myeloid cell differentiation. It is highly expressed in bone marrow cultures that have been stimulated with the cytokine GM-CSF. Some low levels of gene expression also occur in certain cell lines of myeloid origin (e.g. the immature myeloid cell lines DA3 and 32D cl3, and the macrophage cell line P388D) that can also be greatly induced in culture with GM-CSF. However, in activated T cell lines, expression of CCL6 is greatly reduced. CCL6 can also be induced in the mouse lung by Interleukin-13. Recombinant rat C-10 produced in E. coli is a single, non-glycosylated polypeptide chain of 94 amino acids and a molecular mass of 10.4 kDa. It has been purified by proprietary chromatographic techniques.
- Product Overview
- Rat Ccl6 expressed in E.coli
- CAT# CSC-CTK0853-10 (10 μg); CAT# CSC-CTK0853-50 (50 μg)
- Greater than 95% as determined by SDS-PAGE and RP-HPLC analysis.
- Recombinant rat C-10 is fully biologically active when compared to a standard. The biological activity was determined by its ability to chemoattract human CCR1 transfected BaF3 mouse proB cells using a concentration range of 0.05-0.25 μg/ml.
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 1 EU/μg.
- White (freeze-dried) powder. Lyophilized from a sterile-filtered (0.2 μm) concentrated protein solution in 1×PBS (pH 7.4).
- Please centrifuge product briefly before opening vial. The lyophilized protein should be reconstituted in sterile, ultra-pure water to a concentration of 0.1-1.0 mg/ml. This solution can then be diluted into other aqueous buffers and stored at -20°C for future use.
- Storage & Stability
- The lyophilized protein, though stable at room temperature for up to 3 weeks, is best stored desiccated at -20°C. Reconstituted rRa C-10 should be used immediately or stored long-term in undiluted working aliquots at -20°C. For long term storage, it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA). Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
If you use this products in your scientific publication, it should be cited in the publication as: Creative Bioarray cat no. If your paper has been published, please click here to submit the Pub Med ID of your paper to get a coupon.