- Eotaxin-2 is a CC chemokine that signals through the CCR3 receptor. It is produced by activated monocytes and T lymphocytes. Eotaxin-2 selectively chemoattracts cells expressing CCR3 including eosinophils, basophils, Th2 T cells, mast cells, and certain subsets of dendritic cells. Furthermore, Eotaxin-2 inhibits the proliferation of multipotential hematopoietic progenitor cells. The mature human protein, which includes a C-terminal truncation, contains 78 amino acids (92 amino acids for the mouse homolog, without C-terminal truncation). CCL24 functions as a chemotactic chemokine for resting T lymphocytes, and eosinophils. CCL24 has lower chemotactic activity for neutrophils but none for monocytes and activated lymphocytes. CCL24 is a strong suppressor of colony formation by a multipotential hematopoietic progenitor cell line and binds to CCR3. Recombinant rat Eotaxin-2 is an 10.2 kDa protein containing 93 amino acid residues. It has been purified by proprietary chromatographic techniques.
- Product Overview
- Rat Ccl24 expressed in E.coli
- CAT# CSC-CTK0854-20 (20 μg); CAT# CSC-CTK0854-100 (100 μg)
- Greater than 98% as determined by SDS-PAGE and HPLC analysis.
- Determined by its ability to chemoattract murine lymphocytes using a concentration range of 10- 100 ng/ml corresponding to a specific activity of 10,000-100,000 IU/mg.
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 1 EU/μg.
- White (freeze-dried) powder. Lyophilized from a sterile-filtered (0.2 μm) concentrated protein solution in 1×PBS (pH 7.4).
- Please centrifuge product before opening vial. The lyophilized protein should be reconstituted with distilled, sterile water to a concentration of 0.1-1.0 mg/ml. For further dilution, carrier protein (0.1% BSA or HSA) should be added to avoid loss of bioactivity.
- Storage & Stability
- The lyophilized protein, though stable at room temperature for up to 3 weeks, is best stored desiccated at -20°C. Reconstituted protein should be used immediately or stored long-term in undiluted working aliquots at -20°C. For long-term storage, it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA). Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
If you use this products in your scientific publication, it should be cited in the publication as: Creative Bioarray cat no. If your paper has been published, please click here to submit the Pub Med ID of your paper to get a coupon.