- Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor is an important signaling protein involved in both vasculogenesis and angiogenesis. As its name implies, VEGF activity has been mostly studied on cells of the vascular endothelium, although it does have effects on a number of other cell types as well (e.g. stimulation monocyte/macrophage migration, neurons, cancer cells, kidney epithelial cells). VEGF mediates increased vascular permeability, induces angiogenesis, vasculogenesis and endothelial cell growth, promotes cell migration, and inhibits apoptosis. In vitro, VEGF has been shown to stimulate endothelial cell mitogenesis and cell migration. VEGF is also a vasodilator and increases microvascular permeability and was originally referred to as vascular permeability factor. Elevated levels of this protein is linked to POEMS syndrome, also known as Crow-Fukase syndrome. Mutations in this gene have been associated with proliferative and nonproliferative diabetic retinopathy. Mouse recombinant Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor 121 produced in E. coli is a homodimeric, non-glycosylated polypeptide chain of 121 amino acids and a molecular mass of 28.4 kDa. Recombinant mouse VEGF-121 is a truncated version of mouse VEGF-165. It has been purified by using proprietary chromatographic techniques.
- Product Overview
- Mouse Vegfa expressed in E.coli
- CAT# CSC-CTK0723-10 (10 μg); CAT# CSC-CTK0723-50 (50 μg)
- Greater than 97% as determined by SDS-PAGE and RP-HPLC analysis.
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 1 EU/μg.
- Lyophilized from a concentrated protein solution with no additives.
- Please centrifuge product briefly before opening the vial. The lyophilized mouse VEGF should be reconstituted in sterile, ultra-pure water to a concentration of 0.1-1.0 mg/ml. This solution can then be diluted into other aqueous buffers and stored at -20°C for future use.
- Storage & Stability
- The lyophilized powder, though stable at room temperature for up to 3 weeks, is best stored desiccated at -20°C. Reconstituted rMu VEGF should be stored long-term in undiluted working aliquots at –20°C. For long-term storage it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA). Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
If you use this products in your scientific publication, it should be cited in the publication as: Creative Bioarray cat no. If your paper has been published, please click here to submit the Pub Med ID of your paper to get a coupon.