- APRIL, a member of the TNF superfamily, is expressed in monocytes, macrophages, certain transformed cell lines, certain cancers of colon, and lymphoid tissues. APRIL, along with another TNF family member, BAFF, compete for two receptors, TACI and BCMA. APRIL has the ability to stimulate proliferation of various tumor cell lines including Jurkat T cells and MCF-7 carcinoma cells. Like BAFF, APRIL also stimulates the proliferation of B and T cells. The human APRIL gene codes for at least four alternatively spliced transcriptional variants, which give rise to different isoforms of the APRIL precursor protein. All isoforms can be cleaved by the protease, furin, to release a soluble C-terminal fragment, which comprises the TNF like receptor binding of the APRIL precursor. Recombinant murine APRIL is a soluble 21.9 kDa protein, consisting of 192 amino acid residues.
- Product Overview
- Mouse Tnfsf13 expressed in E.coli
- CAT# CSC-CTK0715-20 (20 μg); CAT# CSC-CTK0715-100 (100 μg)
- Greater than 98% as determined by SDS-PAGE and HPLC analysis.
- Measured by its ability to induce cell proliferation of activated T cells.
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 1 EU/μg.
- Lyophilized (freeze-dried), sterile powder. Lyophili zed from 10 mM acetate (pH 5.0) + 100 mM arginine.
- Please centrifuge product briefly before opening vial. The lyophilized protein should be reconstituted in sterile, ultra-pure water to a concentration of 0,1 - 1,0 mg/ml. This solution can then be diluted into other aqueous buffers and stored at -20°C for future use.
- Storage & Stability
- The lyophilized protein, though stable at room temperature for up to 3 weeks, is best stored desiccated at -20°C. Reconstituted rMu APRIL should be used immediately or stored long-term in undiluted working aliquots at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
If you use this products in your scientific publication, it should be cited in the publication as: Creative Bioarray cat no. If your paper has been published, please click here to submit the Pub Med ID of your paper to get a coupon.