- RELM-gamma is a novel member of the resistin-like molecule/found in inflammatory zone (RELM/FIZZ) family in mice and rats. Microarray and real-time RT-PCR experiments revealed a repression of RELM-gamma mRNA in nasal respiratory epithelium of cigarette smoke-exposed versus untreated rats. The analysis of the physiological tissue-specific expression revealed highest expression in hematopoietic tissues, suggesting a cytokine-like role for RELM-gamma. RELM- gamma mRNA is detectable in bone marrow, spleen, and lung as well as in peripheral blood granulocytes. Promyelocytic HL60 cells transfected with a RELM-gamma expression plasmid have an increased proliferation rate compared to mock-transfected cells and display an altered response to retinoic acid-induced granulocytic differentiation. Taken together, these data provide the first experimental evidence that RELM-gamma is a secreted molecule with a restricted expression pattern that may play a role in promyelocytic differentiation. The recombinant mouse RELM-gamma is a His-tagged fusion protein with a molecular weight of 11 kDa containing 86 amino acid residues of the Mouse RELM-gamma and 16 additional amino acid residues including the His-tag.
- Product Overview
- Mouse Retnlg expressed in E.coli
- CAT# CSC-CTK0772-25 (25 μg); CAT# CSC-CTK0772-125 (125 μg)
- Greater than 95% as determined by SDS-PAGE analysis.
- Sterile-filtered and lyophilized from a 0.5 mg/ml solution in 0.05 M acetate buffer (pH 4).
- Please centrifuge product briefly before opening vial. For reconstitution, add 0.2 ml of 0.1 M acetate buffer (pH 4) and let the lyophilized pellet dissolve completely. For adjustment into a higher pH, we recommend intensive dilution by the relevant buffer to a concentration of 10 μg/ml. In higher concentrations the solubility of this antigen is limited. This solution can then be diluted into other aqueous buffers and stored at -20°C for future use.
- Storage & Stability
- The lyophilized protein is best stored desiccated at -20°C. Reconstituted rMu RELM-gamma should be used immediately or stored long-term in undiluted working aliquots at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
If you use this products in your scientific publication, it should be cited in the publication as: Creative Bioarray cat no. If your paper has been published, please click here to submit the Pub Med ID of your paper to get a coupon.