- Endocan, also known as endothelial cell-specific molecule1 (ESM1), is a secreted cysteine-rich dermatan sulfate (DS) proteoglycan primarily expressed by endothelial cells within the vascular capillary network in kidney and in the alveolar walls of the lung. Endocan expression has also been detected in different epithelia and in adipocytes. The expression of endocan is up-regulated by TNF-alpha, IL1-beta or lipopolysaccharide and down-regulated by IFN-gamma. The human Endocan gene encodes a 184 amino acid (aa) residues precursor protein with a 19 aa hydrophobic signal peptide and a 165 aa mature region with 18 Cysteine residues. The DS chain is covalently attached to serine 137. Endocan has been shown to bind CD11a/CD18 integrin (also known as lymphocyte function-associated antigen1, LFA1) on human lymphocytes, monocytes and Jurkat cells, inhibiting its binding to ICAM-1 and reducing LFA-1mediated leukocyte activation. Endocan binds via its DS chain to hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) to enhance HGF mitogenic activity. Genetically engineered cells overexpressing Endocan has been shown to induce tumor formation, suggesting that Endocan may be involved in the pathophysiology of tumor growth in vivo. Circulating Endocan can be detected in the serum from healthy subjects. In patients with lung cancer or acute and severe sepsis, elevated Endocan concentrations have been reported. Recombinant mouse Endocan is a 19.07 kDa protein containing 173 amino acid residues.
- Product Overview
- Mouse Pecam1 expressed in Insect cells
- CAT# CSC-CTK0798-50 (50 μg); CAT# CSC-CTK0798-250 (250 μg)
- Expression System
- Insect cells
- Greater than 95% as determined by SDS-PAGE analysis.
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 1 EU/μg.
- Lyophilized from a steril-filtered protein solution in water without any stabilizers.
- Please centrifuge product briefly before opening vial. The lyophilized protein should be reconstituted in sterile, ultra-pure water to a concentration of 0.1-1.0 mg/ml. This solution can then be diluted into other aqueous buffers and stored at -20°C for future use.
- Storage & Stability
- The lyophilized protein, though stable at room temperature for up to 3 weeks, is best stored desiccated at -20°C. Reconstituted protein should be used immediately or stored long-term in undiluted working aliquots at -20°C. For long-term storage, it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA). Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
If you use this products in your scientific publication, it should be cited in the publication as: Creative Bioarray cat no. If your paper has been published, please click here to submit the Pub Med ID of your paper to get a coupon.