- IL-21 is a pleiotropic cytokine produced by CD4+ T cells in response to antigenic stimulation. Its action generally enhances antigen-specific responses of immune cells. The biological effects of IL- 21 include induction of differentiation of T-cells-stimulated-B-cells into plasma cells and memory B-cells, stimulation (in conjunction) with IL-4 of IgG production, and induction of apoptotic effects in na?ve B-cells and stimulated B-cells in the absence of T-cell signaling. Additionally, IL- 21 promotes the anti-tumor activity of CD8+ T-cells and NK cells. IL-21 exerts its effect through binding to a specific type I cytokine receptor, IL-21R, which also contains the gamma chain (γc) found in other cytokine receptors including IL-2, IL-4, IL-7, IL-9 and IL-15. The IL-21/IL-21R interaction triggers a cascade of events which includes activation of the tyrosine kinases JAK1 and JAK3, followed by activation of the transcription factors STAT1 and STAT3. Recombinant murine IL-21 is a 15.0 kDa protein consisting of 130 amino acid residues.
- Product Overview
- Mouse Il21 expressed in E.coli
- CAT# CSC-CTK0700-10 (10 μg); CAT# CSC-CTK0700-50 (50 μg)
- Greater than 98% as determined by SDS-PAGE and RP-HPLC analysis.
- Measured by ist ability to increase proliferation in mouse splenocytes induced by anti-human CD40 monoclonal antibody. The expected ED50 is 15-20 ng/ml.
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 1 EU/μg.
- Lyophilized from sterile-filtered (0.2 μm) protein solution in 10 mM sodium citrate (pH 4.0).
- Please centrifuge product briefly before opening vial. The lyophilized protein should be reconstituted in sterile, ultra-pure water to a concentration of 0.1 - 1.0 mg/ml. This solution can then be diluted into other aqueous buffers and stored at -20°C for future use.
- Storage & Stability
- The lyophilized protein, though stable at room temperature for up to 3 weeks, is best stored desiccated at -20°C. Reconstituted rMu IL-21 should be used immediately or stored long-term in undiluted working aliquots at -20°C. For long-term storage it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA). Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
If you use this products in your scientific publication, it should be cited in the publication as: Creative Bioarray cat no. If your paper has been published, please click here to submit the Pub Med ID of your paper to get a coupon.