- Mouse Interleukin 10 (IL-10) is a species-specific pleiotropic cytokine that can exert either immunostimulatory or immunosuppressive effects. As an immunostimulatory cytokine, IL-10 can act on B cells to enhance their viability, proliferation, immunoglobulin secretion and class II MHC expression. IL-10 is
also a growth co-stimulator for thymocytes and mast cells, as well as an enhancer of cytotoxic T cell development. As an immunosuppressant, IL-10 can inhibit the accessory function and antigen-presenting capacity of monocytes by downregulating class II MHC expression. It inhibits IFN-γ synthesis and Th1 differentiation in the mouse system. Recombinant mouse IL-10 has a predicted molecular mass of approximately 18 kDa.
- Product Overview
- Mouse Il10 expressed in E.coli
- A DNA sequence encoding the mature mouse IL-10 protein sequence was expressed in E. coli.
- CAT# CSC-CTK0049-5 (5 μg); CAT# CSC-CTK0049-25 (25 μg)
- Greater than 97% as determined by SDS-PAGE and visualized by silver stain
- The biological activity of mouse IL-10 is measured in a cell proliferation assay using the murine mast cell line, MC/9-2. The ED50 for this effect is typically 0.4 - 1.2 ng/mL.
- Endotoxin Level
- Endotoxin level is <1.0 EU per 1 μg cytokine, as determined by the LAL method.
- Recombinant mouse IL-10 is lyophilized from a 0.2 μm filtered solution in 20 mM Tris, pH 7.0 containing 50 μg bovine serum albumin per 1 μg cytokine.
- Reconstitute mouse IL-10 at a concentration greater than 1 μg/mL with sterile phosphate buffered saline (PBS) containing at least 0.1% human or bovine serum albumin.
- Storage & Stability
- Lyophilized mouse IL-10 is stable at -20°C to -70°C for up to twelve months from date of receipt. Reconstituted mouse IL-10 can be stored under sterile conditions at 2 - 8°C for one month, or at -20°C to -70°C (in a manual defrost freezer) for three months without detectable loss of activity. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing.
If you use this products in your scientific publication, it should be cited in the publication as: Creative Bioarray cat no. If your paper has been published, please click here to submit the Pub Med ID of your paper to get a coupon.