- Three human MGSA/GRO genes encode 3 highly related chemokines, MGSA/GRO alpha, -beta and -gamma. All 3 MGSA/GRO proteins bind to the same receptors, but with differing affinities, and stimulate a number of biological responses including chemotaxis, angiogenesis, and growth regulation. Chemokine (C-X-C motif) ligand 3 (CXCL3) is a small cytokine belonging to the CXC chemokine family that is also known as GRO3 oncogene (GRO-3), GRO protein gamma (GRO-gamma) and macrophage inflammatory protein-2-beta (MIP-2b). CXCL3 controls migration and adhesion of monocytes and mediates it effects on its target cell by interacting with a cell surface chemokine receptor called CXCR2. The gene for CXCL3 is located on chromosome 4 in a cluster of other CXC chemokines. Recombinant mouse GRO-gamma produced in E. coli is a single, non-glycosylated polypeptide chain of 69 amino acids and a molecular mass of 7.7 kDa. It has been purified by proprietary chromatographic techniques.
- Product Overview
- Mouse CXCL3 expressed in E.coli
- CAT# CSC-CTK0743-10 (10 μg); CAT# CSC-CTK0743-50 (50 μg)
- Greater than 97% as determined by SDS-PAGE and RP-HPLC analysis.
- Recombinant GRO-gamma is fully biologically active when compared to a standard. Biological activity was determined by its ability to chemoattract 293 transfected CXCR2 cells using a concentration range of 10-100 ng/ml, corresponding to a specific activity of 10,000-100,000 units/mg.
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 1 EU/μg.
- White (freeze-dried) powder. Lyophilized from a ste rile-filtered (0.2 μm) concentrated protein solution in 1×PBS (pH 7.4).
- Please centrifuge product briefly before opening vial. The lyophilized protein should be reconstituted in sterile, ultra-pure water to a concentration of 0.1-1.0 mg/ml. This solution can then be diluted into other aqueous buffers and stored at -20°C for future use.
- Storage & Stability
- The lyophilized protein, though stable at room temperature for up to 3 weeks, is best stored desiccated at -20°C. Reconstituted rMu GRO-gamma should be used immediately or stored long-term in undiluted working aliquots at -20°C. For long-term storage it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA). Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
If you use this products in your scientific publication, it should be cited in the publication as: Creative Bioarray cat no. If your paper has been published, please click here to submit the Pub Med ID of your paper to get a coupon.