- CCL25 (Teck) is a novel CC chemokine, which is distantly related (about 20% amino acid sequence identity) to other CC chemokines. The mouse CCL25 cDNA has also been cloned and shown to encode a 144 a.a. protein, which exhibits 49% a.a. sequence identity to the human CCL25. Human and mouse CCL25 expression was shown to be greatly restricted to the thymus and small intestine. While dendritic cells are identified as the source of CCL25 production in the thymus, dendritic cells derived from bone marrow do not express CCL25. CCL25 signals through the CCR9 receptor. Teck is possibly involved in T-cell development. Recombinant human and mouse Teck were shown to be chemotactic for activated macrophages, dendritic cells and thymocytes. The recombinant protein demonstrates chemotactic activity on thymocytes, macrophages, THP-1 cells, and dendritic cells but is inactive on peripheral blood lymphocytes and neutrophils. Recombinant mouse TECK produced in E. coli is a single, non-glycosylated polypeptide chain of 121 amino acids and a molecular mass of 14.1 kDa. It has been purified by proprietary chromatographic techniques.
- Product Overview
- Mouse Ccl25 expressed in E.coli
- CAT# CSC-CTK0789-20 (20 μg); CAT# CSC-CTK0789-100 (100 μg)
- Greater than 97% as determined by SDS-PAGE and HPLC analysis.
- Fully biologically active. Determined by its ability to chemoattract human CCR9 transfected BaF3 mouse pro-B cells using a concentration range of 0.1-0.5 μg/ml.
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 1 EU/μg.
- White (freeze-dried) powder. Lyophilized from a ste rile-filtered (0.2 μm), concentrated (1mg/ml) protein solution in 1×PBS (pH 7.4).
- Please centrifuge product briefly before opening the vial. Reconstitute in sterile, ultra-pure water to a concentration of 0.1-1.0 mg/ml. This solution can be diluted into other aqueous buffers and stored at -20°C for future use.
- Storage & Stability
- The lyophilized powder, though stable at room temperature for up to 3 weeks, is best stored desiccated at -20°C. Reconstituted TECK should be used immediately or stored in undiluted working aliquots at -20°C. For long-term storage, it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA). Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
If you use this products in your scientific publication, it should be cited in the publication as: Creative Bioarray cat no. If your paper has been published, please click here to submit the Pub Med ID of your paper to get a coupon.