- Vitronectin is a secreted glycoprotein which is synthesized in the liver. It circulates primarily in monomeric form, but can undergo conformational change to a structure that forms disulfide linked multimers. The multimeric Vitronectin can efficiently bind to and incorporate into the extracellular matrix. Within the matrix, Vitronectin can support cell adhesion through binding to various integrins and other proteoglycans. Additionally, recombinant vitronectin can function as a chemically defined matrix component in human embryonic stem cell renewal media. Recombinant human Vitronectin is a 459 amino acid single chain monomeric protein, which migrates at an apparent molecular weight of 75 kDa by SDS-PAGE under reducing conditions.
- Product Overview
- Human VTN expressed in HEK293 cells
- CAT# CSC-CTK0648-250 (250 μg); CAT# CSC-CTK0648-1250 (1.25 mg)
- Expression System
- HEK293 cells
- Greater than 95% as determined by SDS-PAGE and RP-HPLC analysis.
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 1 EU/μg.
- Sterile-filtered through a 0.2 micron filter. Lyoph ilized from a protein solution in 20 mM sodium phosphate (pH 7.5).
- Please centrifuge product briefly before opening vial. The lyophilized protein should be reconstituted in sterile, ultrapure water or aqueous buffers to a concentration of 0.1- 1.0 mg mg/ml. This solution can then be diluted into other aqueous buffers and stored at -20°C for future use.
- Storage & Stability
- The lyophilized protein, though stable at room temperature for up to 3 weeks, is best stored desiccated at -20°C. Reconstituted protein should be used immediately or stored long-term in undiluted working aliquots at -20°C. For long term storage it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA). Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
If you use this products in your scientific publication, it should be cited in the publication as: Creative Bioarray cat no. If your paper has been published, please click here to submit the Pub Med ID of your paper to get a coupon.