- Vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF), also known as vasculotropin, is a potent mitogen for vascular endothelial cells that induces angiogenesis. VEGF promotes vascularization of tumors and inhibition of VEGF activity suppresses tumor growth in vivo. It regulates the development of erythroids and other cells of hematopoietic lineage from a common precursor. The receptor tyrosine kinase for VEGF, Flt/KDR, is expressed in hematopoietic sites during embryogensis. As a result of alternative splicing, four cDNA clones with 121, 165, 189 or 206 amino acid residues have been identified. These clones encode mature monomeric VEGF. Recombinant human VEGF is a glycosylated disulfide-linked homodimer containing 165 amino acid residues per chain. It migrates with an apparent molecular mass of 19 - 21 kDa in SDS-PAGE under reducing conditions.
- Product Overview
- Human VEGFA expressed in Sf21 insect cells
- A DNA sequence encoding the 165 amino acid residue variant of human VEGF1 was expressed in Sf21 insect cells using a baculovirus expression system.
- CAT# CSC-CTK0023-10 (10 μg); CAT# CSC-CTK0023-50 (50 μg)
- Expression System
- Sf21 insect cells
- Greater than 97% as determined by SDS-PAGE and visualized by silver stain
- The biological activity of recombinant human VEGF is measured by its ability to induce proliferation of human umbilical vein endothelial cells. The ED50 for this effect is typically 2.0 - 6.0 ng/mL.
- Endotoxin Level
- Endotoxin level is <1.0 EU per 1 μg cytokine, as determined by the LAL method.
- Recombinant human VEGF is lyophilized from a 0.2 μm filtered solution in 30% acetonitrile and 0.1% trifluoroacetic acid containing 50 μg bovine serum albumin per 1 μg cytokine.
- Reconstitute human VEGF at a concentration greater than 10 μg/mL with sterile phosphate buffered saline (PBS) containing at least 0.1% human or bovine serum albumin.
- Storage & Stability
- Lyophilized human VEGF is stable for up to twelve months from date of receipt at -20°C to -70°C. Reconstituted human VEGF can be stored under sterile conditions
at 2°C - 8°Cfor one month, or at -20°C to -70°C (in a manual defrost freezer)for three months without detectable loss of activity. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing.
If you use this products in your scientific publication, it should be cited in the publication as: Creative Bioarray cat no. If your paper has been published, please click here to submit the Pub Med ID of your paper to get a coupon.