- TNFSF15 is a cytokine that belongs to the tumor necrosis factor (TNF) ligand family. This protein is abundantly expressed in endothelial cells, but is not expressed in either B or T cells. The expression of TNFSF15 is inducible by TNF and IL-1 alpha. This cytokine is a ligand for receptor TNFRSF25 and decoy receptor TNFRSF21/DR6. It can activate NF-kappaB and MAP kinases, and acts as an autocrine factor to induce apoptosis in endothelial cells. TNFSF15 is also found to inhibit endothelial cell proliferation, and thus may function as an angiogenesis inhibitor. An additional isoform encoded by an alternatively spliced transcript variant has been reported but the sequence of this transcript has not been determined. Human recombinant TNFSF15 produced in E. coli is a dimeric, non-glycosylated polypeptide chain of 192 amino acids having a molecular mass of 21.8 kDa. TNFSF15 has been purified by using proprietary chromatographic techniques.
- Product Overview
- Human TNFSF15 expressed in E.coli
- CAT# CSC-CTK0414-10 (10 μg); CAT# CSC-CTK0414-50 (50 μg)
- Greater than 95% as determined by SDS-PAGE and RP-HPLC analysis.
- The ED50 as determined by the dose-dependant inhibition of the proliferation of HUVEC (Human Umbilical Vein Endothelial Cells) is less then 5 μg/ml.
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 1 EU/μg.
- Lyophilized from a concentrated (1 mg/ml) protein s olution in 0.5 M NaCl and 50 mM Tris-HCl (pH 7.5) with no additives.
- Please centrifuge product briefly before opening the vial. The lyophilized human VEGF-I should be reconstituted in sterile, ultra-pure water to a concentration of 0.1-1.0 mg/ml. This solution can then be diluted into other aqueous buffers and stored at -20°C for future use.
- Storage & Stability
- The lyophilized powder, though stable at room temperature for up to 3 weeks, is best stored desiccated at -20°C. Reconstituted rHu VEGF should be stored long-term in undiluted working aliquots at –20°C. For long-term storage it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA). Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
If you use this products in your scientific publication, it should be cited in the publication as: Creative Bioarray cat no. If your paper has been published, please click here to submit the Pub Med ID of your paper to get a coupon.