- Transforming growth factor-betas (TGF-betas) are multifunctional peptides that regulate growth and differentiation in a variety of cells. The transforming growth factor-beta (TGF-beta) family of growth modulators play critical roles in tissue development and maintenance. Recent data suggest that individual TGF-beta isoforms (TGF-beta 1, -beta 2 and -beta 3) have overlapping yet distinct biological actions and target cell specificities, both in developing and adult tissues. Transforming Growth Factor-beta 3 (TGF-beta 3) is a new isoform of the TGF-beta superfamily and is presumed to play an important role in wound repair and scarring. TGF-beta 3 is believed to be involved in osteoblast proliferation, chemotaxis, and collagen synthesis. Recombinant human TGF-beta 3 produced in E. coli is a disulfide-linked homodimeric, non-glycosylated polypeptide chain of 112 amino acids and a molecular mass of 25,445 Dalton.
- Product Overview
- Human TGFB3 expressed in E.coli
- CAT# CSC-CTK0329-10 (10 μg); CAT# CSC-CTK0329-50 (50 μg)
- Greater than 98% as determined by SDS-PAGE and RP-HPLC analysis.
- TGF-beta 3 is fully biologically active when compared to a standard. The ED50, as determined by the cell toxicity assay using the WHO Standard 98/608 as a direct comparison, is <0.05 ng/ml.
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 1 EU/μg.
- The sterile-filtered, clear protein solution (0 .25 mg/ml) contains 20% ethanol and 0.12% acetate.
- Please centrifuge briefly before opening vial. The protein solution can be diluted into other aqueous buffers and stored at -20°C for future use.
- Storage & Stability
- Recombinant human TGF-beta 3, although stable at room temperature for up to 3 weeks, should be stored at 4°C. For long term storage, it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA) and store aliquots at -20°C.
If you use this products in your scientific publication, it should be cited in the publication as: Creative Bioarray cat no. If your paper has been published, please click here to submit the Pub Med ID of your paper to get a coupon.