- Recombinant Human Thrombopoietin (rHu TPO, Mpl-ligand, MGDF) is a glycoprotein hormone produced mainly in the liver and the kidney. It regulates the production of platelets by the bone marrow and promotes increased circulating levels of platelets in vivo. It also stimulates the proliferation and maturation of megakaryocytes. Creative Bioarrays rHu TPO is a soluble 18.6 kDa protein containing 174 amino acid residues which comprises the receptor binding domain of the Mpl-ligand protein.
- Product Overview
- Human THPO expressed in E.coli
- CAT# CSC-CTK0426-10 (10 μg); CAT# CSC-CTK0426-50 (50 μg)
- Greater than 90% as determined by SDS-PAGE analysis.
- Recombinant human TPO is fully biologically active when compared to standards. The ED50, as determined by the dose-dependent stimulation of human M07e cells, was found to be < 0.8 ng/ml corresponding to a specific activity of Greater than 1.25 x 10^6 units/mg.
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 1 EU/μg.
- Sterile-filtered and lyophilized from a protein solution in 10 mM NaP (pH 8.0) containing no additives.
- Please centrifuge product briefly before opening the vial. The lyophilized protein should be reconstituted in sterile, ultra-pure water to a concentration of 0.1-1.0mg/ml. This solution can then be diluted into other aqeuous buffers and stored at -20°C for future use.
- Storage & Stability
- The lyophilized powder, though stable at room temperature for up to 3 weeks, is best stored desiccated at -20°C. Reconstituted rHu TPO should be stored long-term in undiluted working aliquots at -20°C. For long-term storage it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA). Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
If you use this products in your scientific publication, it should be cited in the publication as: Creative Bioarray cat no. If your paper has been published, please click here to submit the Pub Med ID of your paper to get a coupon.