- TNFRSF17 is a receptor for TNFSF13b/blys/BAFF and TNFSF13/APRIL. TNFRSF17 promotes B- cell survival and plays a role in the regulation of humoral immunity. TNFRSF17 activates NF- kappa-b and JNK. TNFRSF17 is a member of the TNF-receptor superfamily. It is expressed in mature B lymphocytes, and is invloved in B cell development and autoimmune response. TNFRSF17 specifically binds to the tumor TNFSF13B/TALL-1/BAFF, which causes NF-kappaB and MAPK8/JNK activation. It also binds to a variety of TRAF family members, and therefore transduces signals for cell survival and proliferation. TNFRSF17 is a type III membrane protein having 1 extracellular cysteine rich domain. Within the TNFRSF, it shares the highest homology with TACI. BCMA and TACI have both been shown to bind to APRIL and BAFF, members of the TNF ligand superfamily. BCMA expression has been found in immune organs. TNFRSF17 appears to be localized to the Golgi compartment. The binding of BCMA to APRIL or BAFF has been shown to stimulate IgM production in peripheral blood B cells and increase the survival of cultured B cells. Human recombinant TNFRSF17 produced in E. coli is a single, non-glycosylated, polypeptide chain containing 50 amino acids and having a molecular mass of 5.3 kDa.
- Product Overview
- Human TNFRSF17 expressed in E.coli
- CAT# CSC-CTK0352-20 (20 μg); CAT# CSC-CTK0352-100 (100 μg)
- Greater than 98% as determined by SDS-PAGE and RP-HPLC analysis.
- Sterile-filtered, white, lyophilized (freeze-dried) powder. Lyophilized from a protein solution containing 20 mM PBS (pH 7.4), 130 mM NaCl.
- Please centrifuge product briefly before opening vial. The lyophilized protein should be reconstituted in sterile, ultra-pure water to a concentration of 0.1-1.0 mg/ml. This solution can then be diluted into other aqueous buffers and stored at -20°C for future use.
- Storage & Stability
- The lyophilized protein, though stable at room temperature for up to 3 weeks, is best stored desiccated at -20°C. Reconstituted protein should be used immediately or stored long-term in undiluted working aliquots at -20°C. For long-term storage it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA). Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
If you use this products in your scientific publication, it should be cited in the publication as: Creative Bioarray cat no. If your paper has been published, please click here to submit the Pub Med ID of your paper to get a coupon.