- TWEAK belongs to the TNF family of ligands and signals through TWEAKR also known as TNFRSF12A. TWEAK is expressed in a variety of tissues, including the adult heart, pancreas, skeletal muscle, small intestine, spleen and peripheral blood lymphocytes. TWEAK has the ability to induce NFkB activation and chemokine secretion, and to exert an apoptotic activity in certain cells, such as HT-29 human adenocarcinoma cells when cultured in the presence of IFN-gamma. TWEAK also promotes proliferation and migration of endothelial cells. Recombinant human TWEAK is a soluble 17.0 kDa polypeptide (154 amino acid residues) comprising the TNF homologous region of TWEAK and is generated by proteolytic processing of the full length membrane anchored TWEAK protein.
- Product Overview
- Human TNFSF12 expressed in E.coli
- CAT# CSC-CTK0337-10 (10 μg); CAT# CSC-CTK0337-50 (50 μg)
- Greater than 98% as determined by SDS-PAGE and HPLC analysis.
- The ED50 as determined by the dose-dependent stimulation of IL-8 production by Human PBMC is less than 10 ng/ml.
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 1 EU/μg.
- Lyophilized from a sterile-filtered solution in 10 mM Na-phosphate buffer (pH 7.5) + 0.1 M L- Arg.
- Please centrifuge product briefly before opening the vial. Reconstitute in sterile 10 mM Na-phosphate (pH 7.5) to a concentration of 0.1-1.0 mg/ml. This solution can be diluted into other aqueous buffers and stored at -20°C for future use.
- Storage & Stability
- The lyophilized powder, though stable at room temperature for up to 3 weeks, is best stored desiccated at -20°C. Reconstituted TWEAK should be used immediately or stored in undiluted working aliquots at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
If you use this products in your scientific publication, it should be cited in the publication as: Creative Bioarray cat no. If your paper has been published, please click here to submit the Pub Med ID of your paper to get a coupon.