- Members of the Hedgehog (Hh) family are highly conserved proteins which are widely represented throughout the animal kingdom. The three known mammalian Hh proteins, Sonic (Shh), Desert (Dhh) and Indian (Ihh) are structurally related and share a high degree of amino- acid sequence identity (e.g., Shh and Ihh are 93% identical). The biologically active form of Hh molecules is obtained by autocatalytic cleavage of their precursor proteins and corresponds to approximately the N-terminal one half of the precursor molecule. Although Hh proteins have unique expression patterns and distinct biological roles within their respective regions of secretion, they use the same signaling pathway and can substitute for each other in experimental systems. Recombinant E. coli derived Human Sonic HedgeHog is a 20.0 kDa protein consisting of 176 amino acid residues, including an N-terminal Ile-Val-Ile sequence substituted for the natural occurring chemically modified Cys residue.
- Product Overview
- Human SHH expressed in E.coli
- CAT# CSC-CTK0510-25 (25 μg); CAT# CSC-CTK0510-125 (125 μg)
- Greater than 98% as determined by SDS-PAGE and RP-HPLC analysis.
- Determined by its ability to induce alkaline phosphatase production by C3H/10T1/2 (CCL-226) cells. The expected ED50 for this effect is 0.8-1.0 μg/ml.
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 1 EU/μg.
- Sterile-filtered through a 0.2 micron filter. Lyophilized from a protein solution with no additives.
- Please centrifuge product briefly before opening vial. The lyophilized protein should be reconstituted in sterile, ultrapure water or aqueous buffers to a concentration of 0.1- 1.0 mg mg/ml. This solution can then be diluted into other aqueous buffers and stored at -20°C for future use.
- Storage & Stability
- The lyophilized protein, though stable at room temperature for up to 3 weeks, is best stored desiccated at -20°C. Reconstituted protein should be used immediately or stored long-term in undiluted working aliquots at -20°C. For long term storage it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA). Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
If you use this products in your scientific publication, it should be cited in the publication as: Creative Bioarray cat no. If your paper has been published, please click here to submit the Pub Med ID of your paper to get a coupon.