- SPARC, an acronym for "secreted protein, acidic and rich in cysteine", is also known as osteonectin or BM-40. It is the founding member of a family of secreted matricellular proteins with similar domain structure. The 303 amino acid, 43 kDa protein contains a 17 aa signal sequence, an N-terminal acidic region that binds calcium, a follistatin domain containing Kazal- like sequences, and a C-terminal extracellular calcium (EC) binding domain with two EF-hand motifs. SPARC is produced by fibroblasts, capillary endothelial cells, platelets and macrophages, especially in areas of tissue morphogenesis and remodeling. SPARC shows context-specific effects, but generally inhibits adhesion, spreading and proliferation, and promotes collagen matrix formation. For endothelial cells, SPARC disrupts focal adhesions and binds and sequesters PDGF and VEGF. SPARC is abundantly expressed in bone, where it promotes osteoblast differentiation and inhibits adipogenesis. Human recombinant Osteonectin (SPARC) fused to a 6XHis-tag and produced in E. coli is a single, non-glycosylated polypeptide chain of 295 amino acids and a molecular mass of 34 kDa. It has been purified by proprietary chromatographic techniques.
- Product Overview
- Human SPP1 expressed in E.coli
- CAT# CSC-CTK0565-50 (50 μg); CAT# CSC-CTK0565-250 (250 μg)
- Greater than 95% as determined by SDS-PAGE and RP-HPLC analysis.
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 1 EU/μg.
- Sterile-filtered, white, lyophilized (freeze-dried) powder. rHu SPARC (1 mg/ml) was lyophilized after extensive dialyses against 20 mM PBS pH (7.4) .
- Please centrifuge product before opening vial. The lyophilized protein should be reconstituted in sterile, ultra-pure water to a concentration of 0.1-1.0 mg/ml. This solution can then be diluted into other aqueous buffers and stored at -20°C for future use.
- Storage & Stability
- The lyophilized protein, though stable at room temperature for up to 3 weeks, is best stored desiccated at -20°C. Reconstituted protein should be used immediately or stored long-term in undiluted working aliquots at -20°C. For long-term storage it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA). Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
If you use this products in your scientific publication, it should be cited in the publication as: Creative Bioarray cat no. If your paper has been published, please click here to submit the Pub Med ID of your paper to get a coupon.