- The platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF) family of heparin-binding growth factors consists of five known members, denoted PDGF-AA, PDGF-BB, PDGF-AB, PDGF-CC and PDGF-DD. The mature and active form of these proteins, an anti-parallel disulfide-linked dimer of two 12-14 kDa polypeptide chains, is obtained through proteolytic processing of biologically inactive precursor proteins, which contain an N-terminal CUB domain and a PDGF/VEGF homologous domain. The PDGFs interact with two related protein tyrosine kinase receptors, PDGFR-α and PDGFR-β, and are potent mitogens for a variety of cell types, including smooth muscle cells, connective tissue cells, bone and cartilage cells, and certain tumor cells. They play an important role in a number of biological processes, including hyperplasia, chemotaxis, embryonic neuron development, and respiratory tubules epithelial cell development. Mature PDGFs are stored in platelet α-granules and are released upon platelet activation. PDGF-AA, -AB, -BB and –CC signal primarily through the PDGF-Rα receptor, whereas PDGF-DD interacts almost exclusively with the PDGF-Rβ receptor. Recombinant human PDGF-CC is a 25kDa protein consisting of two identical disulfide-linked 114 amino-acid polypeptide chains.
- Product Overview
- Human PDGFC expressed in E.coli
- CAT# CSC-CTK0282-20 (20 μg); CAT# CSC-CTK0282-100 (100 μg)
- Greater than 98% as determined by SDS-PAGE and HPLC analysis.
- Determined by the dose-dependent stimulation of the proliferation of Balb/c 3T3 cells. The expected The ED50 for this effect is 15-20 ng/ml.
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 1 EU/μg.
- Lyophilized from a sterile-filtered (0.2 micron filter) solution in 5 mM citrate (pH 3.0).
- Please centrifuge product before opening vial. The lyophilized protein should be reconstituted with distilled, sterile water to a concentration of 0.1 - 1.0 mg/ml. For further dilution, carrier protein (0.1% BSA or HSA) should be added to avoid loss of bioactivity.
- Storage & Stability
- The lyophilized protein, though stable at room temperature for up to 3 weeks, is best stored desiccated at -20°C. Reconstituted protein should be used immediately or stored long-term in undiluted working aliquots at -20°C. For long-term storage it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA). Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
If you use this products in your scientific publication, it should be cited in the publication as: Creative Bioarray cat no. If your paper has been published, please click here to submit the Pub Med ID of your paper to get a coupon.