- Recombinant Human Platelet Derived Growth Factor-AB (rHu PDGF-AB) is a potent mitogen for a wide range of cell types including fibroblasts, smooth muscle and connective tissue. PDGF, which is composed of a dimer of two chains termed the A and B chain, can be present as AA or BB homodimers or as an AB heterodimer. Creative Bioarray's rHu PDGF-AB is a 25.5 kDa heterodimeric, non-glycosylated protein consisting of a 13.3 kDa alpha-chain and a 12.2 kDa beta-chain (234 total amino acids).
- Product Overview
- Human PDGFA expressed in E.coli
- CAT# CSC-CTK0279-10 (10 μg); CAT# CSC-CTK0279-50 (50 μg)
- Greater than 98% as determined by SDS-PAGE and RP-HPLC analysis.
- Creative Bioarrays human PDGF-AB is fully biologically active when compared to standards. The ED50 as determined by the dose-dependent stimulation of the proliferation of Balb/c 3T3 indicator cells (measured by 3H-thymidine uptake) is < 1.0 ng/ml, corresponding to a specific activity of 1 x 10^6 IU/mg.
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 1 EU/μg.
- The sterile-filtered protein solution was lyophilized (from 10 mM acetic acid) with no additives.
- Please centrifuge product briefly before opening vial. The lyophilized powder should be reconstituted in sterile, ultra-pure water to a concentration of 0.1-1.0 mg/ml. This solution can then be further diluted into other aqueous buffers and stored at -20°C for future use.
- Storage & Stability
- The lyophilized PDGF-AB, though stable at room temperature for up to 3 weeks, is best stored desiccated at -20°C. Reconstituted PDGF-AB should be used immediately stored long-term in undiluted working aliquots at -20°C. For long-term storage, it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA). Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
If you use this products in your scientific publication, it should be cited in the publication as: Creative Bioarray cat no. If your paper has been published, please click here to submit the Pub Med ID of your paper to get a coupon.