- PDGF-AA, PDGF-BB and PDGF-AB are potent mitogens for a variety of cell types including smooth muscle cells, connective tissue cells, bone and cartilage cells, and some blood cells. The PDGF is stored in platelet alpha-granules and released upon platelet activation. PDGF is involved in a number of biological processes, including hyperplasia, chemotaxis, embryonic neuron development, and respiratory tubule epithelial cell development. Two distinct signaling receptors used by PDGF have been identified and named PDGFR-alpha and PDGFR-beta. PDGFR-alpha is high-affinity receptor for each of the three PDGF forms. On the other hand, PDGFR-beta interacts with only PDGF-BB and PDGF-AB. Human recombinant PDGF-AA produced in yeast is a homodimeric, glycosylated, polypeptide chain containing 2 x 110 amino acids and having a total molecular mass of 34 kDa.
- Product Overview
- Human PDGFA expressed in Pichia Pastoris
- CAT# CSC-CTK0283-10 (10 μg); CAT# CSC-CTK0283-50 (50 μg)
- Expression System
- Pichia Pastoris
- Greater than 98% as determined by SDS-PAGE analysis.
- Sterile-filtered, white, lyophilized (freeze-dried)powder. Lyophilized from a protein solution in 20 mM sodium phosphate.
- Please centrifuge product briefly before opening vial. The lyophilized protein should be reconstituted in sterile, ultra-pure water to a concentration of 0.1-1.0 mg/ml. This solution can then be diluted into other aqueous buffers and stored at -20°C for future use.
- Storage & Stability
- The lyophilized protein, though stable at room temperature for up to 3 weeks, is best stored desiccated at -20°C. Reconstituted protein should be used immediately or stored long-term in undiluted working aliquots at -20°C. For long-term storage it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA). Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
If you use this products in your scientific publication, it should be cited in the publication as: Creative Bioarray cat no. If your paper has been published, please click here to submit the Pub Med ID of your paper to get a coupon.