- GH is a member of the somatotropin/prolactin family of hormones which play an important role in growth control. The gene, along with four other related genes, is located at the growth hormone locus on chromosome 17 where they are interspersed in the same transcriptional orientation; an arrangement which is thought to have evolved by a series of gene duplications. The five genes share a remarkably high degree of sequence identity. Alternative splicing generates additional isoforms of each of the five growth hormones, leading to further diversity and potential for specialization. This particular family member is expressed in the pituitary but not in placental tissue as is the case for the other four genes in the growth hormone locus. Mutations in or deletions of the gene lead to growth hormone deficiency and short stature. Recombinant Placental HGH 22 kDa produced in E. coli is a single, non-glycosylated, polypeptide chain of 192 amino acids having a molecular mass of 22,367 Dalton. The predicted pI is 7.80. Placental Growth Hormone has dimished lactogenic (prolactin receptor mediated) activity characteristic to pituitary GHs. Human recombinant GH Placental has benn purified by proprietary chromatographic techniques.
- Product Overview
- Human GH2 expressed in E.coli
- CAT# CSC-CTK0555-50 (50 μg); CAT# CSC-CTK0555-250 (250 μg)
- Greater than 98% as determined by SDS-PAGE and SEC-HPLC analysis.
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 1 EU/μg.
- Sterile-filtered, white, lyophilized (freeze-dried) powder. The protein was lyophilized from a concentrated (1 mg/ml) solution with 0.0045 mM NaHCO3 previously adjusted to pH 9.
- Please centrifuge product briefly before opening vial. The lyophilized protein should be reconstituted in sterile, 0.4% NaHCO3 or water adjusted to pH 9 at a concentration of 0.1 - 1.0 mg/ml. This solution can then be diluted into other aqueous buffers and stored at - 20°C for future use.
- Storage & Stability
- The lyophilized protein, though stable at room temperature for up to 3 weeks, is best stored desiccated at -20°C. Reconstituted rHu GH-22K-pl should be used immediately or stored long- term in undiluted working aliquots at -20°C. For long-term storage it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA). Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
If you use this products in your scientific publication, it should be cited in the publication as: Creative Bioarray cat no. If your paper has been published, please click here to submit the Pub Med ID of your paper to get a coupon.