- Oncostatin M (OSM) is a growth and differentiation factor that participates in the regulation of neurogenesis, osteogenesis and hematopoiesis. Produced by activate T cells, monocytes and Kaposi's sarcoma cells, OSH can exert both stimulatory and inhibitory effects on cell proliferation. It stimulates the proliferation of fibroblasts, smooth muscle cells and Kaposi's sarcoma cells, but, inhibits the growth of some normal and tumor cell lines. It also promotes cytokine release (e.g. IL-6, GM-CSF and G-CSF) from endothelial cells, and enhances the expression of low-density lipoprotein receptor in hepatoma cells. OSM share several structural and functional characteristics with LIF, IL-6, and CNTF. Human OSM is active on murine cells. The human OSM gene encodes for a 252 amino acid polypeptide, containing 25 amino acid signal sequence for secretion and a 227 precursor protein. Proteolytic processing of this precursor removes an 18 amino acid C- terminal peptide and generates the mature OSM form. Recombinant human Oncostatin M is a 23.9 kDa protein, containing 209 amino acid residues.
- Product Overview
- Human OSM expressed in E.coli
- CAT# CSC-CTK0417-10 (10 μg); CAT# CSC-CTK0417-50 (50 μg)
- Greater than 90% as determined by SDS-PAGE and RP-HPLC analysis.
- The ED50 as determined by the dose-dependent stimulation of the proliferation of human TF-1 cells is ≤ 2.0 ng/ml, corresponding to a specific activity of Greater than 5 x 10^5 units/mg.
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 1 EU/μg.
- Sterile-filtered through a 0.2 micron filter. Lyoph ilized from a protein solution in 10 mM sodium citrate (pH 4.0).
- Please centrifuge product briefly before opening vial. The lyophilized protein should be reconstituted in sterile, ultrapure water or aqueous buffers to a concentration of 0.1- 1.0 mg mg/ml. This solution can then be diluted into other aqueous buffers and stored at -20°C for future use.
- Storage & Stability
- The lyophilized protein, though stable at room temperature for up to 3 weeks, is best stored desiccated at -20°C. Reconstituted protein should be used immediately or stored long-term in undiluted working aliquots at -20°C. For long term storage it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA). Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
If you use this products in your scientific publication, it should be cited in the publication as: Creative Bioarray cat no. If your paper has been published, please click here to submit the Pub Med ID of your paper to get a coupon.