- NGF-beta has nerve growth stimulating activity and the complex is involved in the regulation of growth and the differentiation of sympathetic and certain sensory neurons. Mutations in this gene have been associated with hereditary sensory and autonomic neuropathy, type 5 (HSAN5), and dysregulation of this genes expression is associated with allergic rhinitis. Human recombinant Nerve Growth Factor-beta produced in E. coli is a non-covalently disulfide- linked homodimer - a non-glycosylated, polypeptide chain containing 2 identical 121 amino acids with a molecular weight of two 13.6 kDa polypeptide monomers.
- Product Overview
- Human NGF expressed in E.coli
- CAT# CSC-CTK0477-20 (20 μg); CAT# CSC-CTK0477-100 (100 μg)
- Greater than 95% as determined by SDS-PAGE and RP-HPLC analysis.
- The ED50, calculated by its ability to stimulate chick E9 DRG neurite outgrowth, was found to be < 1.0 ng/ml corresponding to a specific activity of Greater than 1 x 10^6 units/mg.
- White, lyophilized (freeze-dried) powder. Lyophili zed from a sterile-filtered protein solution with no additives.
- Please centrifuge product briefly before opening vial. The lyophilized protein should be reconstituted in sterile, ultrapure water to a concentration of 0.1-1.0 mg/ml. This solution can then be diluted into other aqueous buffers and stored at -20°C for future use.
- Storage & Stability
- The lyophilized protein, though stable at room temperature for up to 3 weeks, is best stored desiccated at -20°C. Reconstituted protein should be used immediately or stored long-term in undiluted working aliquots at -20°C. For long term storage it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA). Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
If you use this products in your scientific publication, it should be cited in the publication as: Creative Bioarray cat no. If your paper has been published, please click here to submit the Pub Med ID of your paper to get a coupon.