- Matrix metalloproteinase-7 (MMP-7) also known as matrilysin and PUMP (EC 126.96.36.199) cleaves a number of substrates including collagen types IV and X, elastin, fibronectin, gelatin, laminin and proteoglycans. MMP-7 is closely related to the stromelysin family members but is encoded by a different gene. It is the smallest of all the MMPs consisting of a pro-peptide domain and a catalytic domain lacking the hemopexin-like domain common to other members of the MMPs. MMP-7 is secreted as a 28 kDa proenzyme and can be activated in vitro by organomercurials and trypsin and in vivo by MMP-3 to a 18 kDa active MMP-7 enzyme. Once activated, MMP-7 can activate pro-MMP-1 and pro-MMP-9, but not pro-MMP-2. MMP-7 is widely expressed having been reported in elevated levels in cycling endometrium as well as in colorectal cancers and adenomas, hepatocellular carcinomas, rectal carcinomas, and approximately 50% of gliomas. |Recombinant human MMP-7 produced in E. coli is a single, non-glycosylated polypeptide chain having a molecular mass of 19.13 kDa. It has been purified by using proprietary chromatographic techniques.
- Product Overview
- Human MMP7 expressed in E.coli
- CAT# CSC-CTK0371-20 (20 μg); CAT# CSC-CTK0371-100 (100 μg)
- Greater than 95% as determined by SDS-PAGE and RP-HPLC.
- The specific activity was found to be 3100 IU/mg. One unit is defined as the digestion of 1 μg Azocoll/minute at 37°C.|Further applications: Western blotting: 1:1000-5000 for neat serum and 1-10 μg/ml for affinity pure antibody using the ECL technique. ELISA: Control peptide can be used to coat ELISA plates at 1 μg/ml and detected with antibodies (1:10-50,000 for neat serum and 0.5-1 μg/ml for affinity purified antibody). Histochemistry & Immunofluorescence: Not tested.
- Sterile clear liquid solution containing 10 mM HEPES (pH 7.4), 5 mM CaCl2 and 150 mM NaCl.
- Please centrifuge product briefly before opening vial. The protein solution can be diluted into other aqueous buffers and stored at -20°C for future use.
- Storage & Stability
- Although stable at 4°C for 3 weeks, the protein should be stored below -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
If you use this products in your scientific publication, it should be cited in the publication as: Creative Bioarray cat no. If your paper has been published, please click here to submit the Pub Med ID of your paper to get a coupon.