- Galectin-4 (LGALS4) is a member of the subfamily of galectins composed of two carbohydrate recognition domains having similar peptide chains. The galectins are a family of beta-galactoside- binding proteins having a role in modulating cell-cell and cell-matrix interactions, which inhibits chronic inflammations, GVHD, and allergic responses. LGALS4 expression is limited to small intestine, colon, and rectum, and it is underexpressed in colorectal cancer. LGALS4 binds as an endogenous ligand to glycosphingolipids having 3-O-sulfated Gal residues and bind as well to cholesterol-3-sulfate. LGALS4 takes part in cell adhesion. LGALS4 plays a role in crosslinking the lateral cell membranes of the surface-lining epithelial cells, thus supporting epithelial integrity against mechanical stress exerted by the bowel lume. LGALS4 is in charge of intestinal inflammation via selective regulation of peripheral and mucosal T-cell cell cycle, in addition to cell death by apoptosis of T-cells by a pathway independent of the activation of caspases. LGALS4 blockade decreases TNF-alpha inhibitor induced T-cell death. LGALS4 decreases pro- inflammatory cytokine secretion including IL-6 & IL-17. Human recombinant Galectin-4 produced in E. coli is a single, non-glycosylated polypeptide chain containing 343 amino acids (1-323 a.a.) and having a molecular mass of 38.1 kDa.
- Product Overview
- Human LGALS4 expressed in E.coli
- CAT# CSC-CTK0582-25 (25 μg); CAT# CSC-CTK0582-125 (125 μg)
- Greater than 95% as determined by SDS-PAGE analysis.
- Sterile-filtered, clear protein solution in 20 mM Tris-HCl (pH 8), 1 mM DTT, and 10% glycerol.
- Please centrifuge product briefly before opening vial. The dissolved protein can be diluted into other aqueous buffers and stored at -20°C for future use.
- Storage & Stability
- Store at 4°C if entire vial will be used within 4 weeks. Store frozen at -20°C for longer periods of time. For long term-storage it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA). Avoid multiple freeze-thaw cycles.
If you use this products in your scientific publication, it should be cited in the publication as: Creative Bioarray cat no. If your paper has been published, please click here to submit the Pub Med ID of your paper to get a coupon.