- Lectins, of either plant or animal origin, are carbohydrate binding proteins that interact with glycoprotein and glycolipids on the surface of animal cells. The Galectins are lectins that recognize and interact with beta-galactoside moieties. Galectin-3 regulates a number of biological processes, including embryogenesis, inflammatory responses, cell progression and metastasis. Galectin-3 is normally expressed in epithelia of a variety of tissues, including colon and endometrium, and in various inflammatory cells, including macrophages. Galectin-3 can function intracellularly, in controlling cell cycle and preventing T-cell apoptosis, and also extracellularly, in activating various cells, including monocytes/macrophages, mast cells, neutrophils, and lymphocytes. Expression of Galectin-3 is affected by neoplastic transformation, being up-regulated in certain types of lymphomas, and in thyroid and hepatic carcinomas. Conversely, it is down-regulated in other cancers, such as colon, breast, ovarian, and uterine. Recombinant human Galectin-3 is a globular 26.0kDa protein containing 250 amino acid residues, but no disulfide bonds.
- Product Overview
- Human LGALS3 expressed in E.coli
- CAT# CSC-CTK0581-50 (50 μg); CAT# CSC-CTK0581-250 (250 μg)
- Greater than 97% as determined by SDS-PAGE and HPLC analysis.
- Determined by its ability to chemoattract human blood monocytes. Chemotactic activity was observed at a concentration of 2 μg/ml with a peak response obtained at 220 μg/ml.
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 1 EU/μg.
- Lyophilized from a sterile-filtered, concentrated protein solution (1 mg/ml) containing 10 mM sodium phosphate (pH 7.5) and 50 mM NaCl.
- Please centrifuge product before opening vial. The lyophilized protein should be reconstituted with distilled, sterile water to a concentration of 0.1 - 1.0 mg/ml. For further dilution, carrier protein (0.1% BSA or HSA) should be added to avoid loss of bioactivity.
- Storage & Stability
- The lyophilized protein, though stable at room temperature for up to 3 weeks, is best stored desiccated at -20°C. Reconstituted protein should be used immediately or stored long-term in undiluted working aliquots at -20°C. For long-term storage it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA). Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
If you use this products in your scientific publication, it should be cited in the publication as: Creative Bioarray cat no. If your paper has been published, please click here to submit the Pub Med ID of your paper to get a coupon.