- KLF4 is a member of the Kruppel-like factor (KLF) family of zinc finger transcription factors. Members of this family have in common 3 contiguous C2H2-type zinc fingers at the carboxyl terminus that comprise the DNA-binding domain. KLF4 is highly expressed in skin and gut epithelial tissues, but is also found in various other cells and tissues, including vascular endothelial cells, lymphocytes, lung, and testis. It is an important regulator of the cell cycle, transcription, and cell differentiation. Together with Sox2, Oct4, and cMyc, KLF4 can induce the reprogramming of primary human fibroblasts to a pluripotent state. KLF4 and other transcription factors can be introduced into cells by DNA transfection, viral infection, or microinjection. Protein transduction using TAT fusion proteins represents an alternative methodology for introducing transcription factors into primary as well as transformed cells. Recombinant human KLF4-TAT is a 51.7 kDa protein containing 483 amino acid residues, including 13- residue C-terminal TAT peptide.
- Product Overview
- Human KLF4 expressed in HEK293 cells
- CAT# CSC-CTK0637-25 (25 μg); CAT# CSC-CTK0637-125 (125 μg)
- Expression System
- HEK293 cells
- Greater than 90% as determined by SDS-PAGE and HPLC analysis.
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 1 EU/μg.
- Sterile-filtered through a 0.2 micron filter and ly ophilized from 10 mM sodium phosphate (pH 8.0).
- Please centrifuge product briefly before opening vial. The lyophilized protein should be reconstituted in sterile, ultra-pure water to a concentration of 0.1-1.0 mg/ml. This solution can then be diluted into other aqueous buffers and stored at -20°C for future use.
- Storage & Stability
- The lyophilized protein, though stable at room temperature for up to 3 weeks, is best stored desiccated at -20°C. Reconstituted protein should be used immediately or stored long-term in undiluted working aliquots at -20°C. For long-term storage it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA). Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
If you use this products in your scientific publication, it should be cited in the publication as: Creative Bioarray cat no. If your paper has been published, please click here to submit the Pub Med ID of your paper to get a coupon.