- Stem Cell Factor (SCF) is a hematopoietic growth factor that exerts its activity at the early stages of hematopoiesis. SCF has been shown to act synergistically with various growth factors including IL-3, IL-6, G-CSF and erythropoietin to induce proliferation of myeloid and erythroid progenitors. Human SCF is an 18.6 kDa protein containing 165 amino acid residues. For most in vitro applications, SCF exerts its biological activity in the concentration range of 0.2 - 20 ng/mL.
- Product Overview
- Human Kitl expressed in E.coli
- A DNA sequence encoding the extracellular domain human SCF (Glu 26 - Ala 189; Accession #134289) was expressed in E. coli.
- CAT# CSC-CTK0024-10 (10 μg); CAT# CSC-CTK0024-50 (50 μg)
- Greater than 97% as determined by SDS-PAGE and visualized by silver stain
- The biological activity of recombinant human SCF is measured in a cell proliferation assay using a factor-dependent cell line, TF-1. The ED50 for this effect is typically 2.5 - 10 ng/mL.
- Endotoxin Level
- Endotoxin level is <1.0 EU per 1 μg cytokine, as determined by the LAL method.
- Recombinant human SCF is lyophilized from a 0.2 μm filtered solution in phosphate buffered saline (PBS) containing 50 μg bovine serum albumin per 1 μg cytokine.
- Reconstitute human SCF at a concentration greater than 10 μg/mL with sterile PBS containing at least 0.1% human or bovine serum albumin.
- Storage & Stability
- Lyophilized human SCF is stable for up to twelve months from date of receipt at -20°C to -70°C. Reconstituted human SCF can be stored under sterile conditions
at 2°C - 8°C for one month, or at -20°C to -70°C (in a manual defrost freezer) for three months without detectable loss of activity. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing.
If you use this products in your scientific publication, it should be cited in the publication as: Creative Bioarray cat no. If your paper has been published, please click here to submit the Pub Med ID of your paper to get a coupon.