- KGF is a potent specific mitogen for many epithelial cells but not for fibroblasts and endothelial cells. KGF is thought to play an important role in the paracrine growth control of normal epithelial cells. RHu KGF-2 is highly related to KGF-1 (FGF-7), it binds to the same receptor as KGF-1 and shares 57% sequence homology. Recombinant human KGF-2 (FGF-10) produced in E. coli is a single, non-glycosylated polypeptide chain of 170 amino acids and a molecular mass of 19,300 Dalton.
- Product Overview
- Human FGF10 expressed in E.coli
- CAT# CSC-CTK0366-25 (25 μg); CAT# CSC-CTK0366-125 (125 μg)
- Greater than 96% as determined by SDS-PAGE, FPLC and RP-HPLC analysis.
- Recombinant human Keratinocye Growth Factor-2 is fully biologically active when compared to standards. The ED50, calculated by the dose-dependent stimulation of thymidine uptake by BaF3 indicator cells (expressing KGF receptors), is less then 10 ng/ml.
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 1 EU/μg.
- Sterile-filtered white, lyophilized (freeze-drie d) powder. Lyophilized from a concentrated (1 mg/ml) solution in water containing 5 mM sodium phosphate buffer (pH 7.4) and 80 mM NaCl.
- Please centrifuge product briefly before opening vial. The lyophilized protein should be reconstituted in sterile, ultra-pure water to a concentration of 0,1 - 1,0 mg/ml. This solution can then be diluted into other aqueous buffers and stored at -20°C for future use.
- Storage & Stability
- The lyophilized protein, though stable at room temperature for up to 3 weeks, is best stored desiccated at -20°C. Reconstituted rHu KGF-2 should be used immediately or stored long-term in undiluted working aliquots at -20°C. For long-term storage it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA). Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
If you use this products in your scientific publication, it should be cited in the publication as: Creative Bioarray cat no. If your paper has been published, please click here to submit the Pub Med ID of your paper to get a coupon.