- IL-24 is a member of the IL-10 family of cytokines. It was identified as a gene induced during terminal differentiation in melanoma cells. IL-10B encoded, it can induce apoptosis selectively in various cancer cells. Its overexpression of leads to elevated expression of several GADD family genes, which correlates with the induction of apoptosis. The phosphorylation of mitogen- activated protein kinase 14 (MAPK7/P38) and heat shock 27 kDa protein 1 (HSPB2/HSP27) are induced by this gene in melanoma cells, but not in normal immortal melanocytes. Alternatively spliced transcript variants encoding distinct isoforms have also been reported. Glycosylation is essential for activity of IL-24 that has diverse activities. At low concentrations, it induces type I proinflammatory cytokines such as IFN-γ, IL-1β, IL-12 and TNF-α. At high concentration, it is a strong inducer of apoptosis in tumor cells, but not normal cells. mda-7/IL-24 is being hailed as a 'magic bullet' for cancer gene therapy. Recombinant human Interleukin-24 produced in yeast is a single, glycosylated polypeptide( chain of 158 amino acids having a molecular mass of 18 kDa. As a result of glycosylation, the protein migrates at 19.5 kDa on SDS-PAGE.
- Product Overview
- Human IL24 expressed in Sacharomyces cerevisiae
- CAT# CSC-CTK0271-10 (10 μg); CAT# CSC-CTK0271-50 (50 μg)
- Expression System
- Sacharomyces cerevisiae
- Greater than 98% as determined by SDS-PAGE and RP-HPLC analysis.
- Measured by its ability to bind to the cell receptor of Capan-1 cells line resulted in Stat-3 activation. The ED50 for this effect is typically 1.0 ng/ml corresponding to a specific activity of 1 x 10^6 units/mg.
- White, lyophilized (freeze-dried) powder. Lyophilized from a 0.2 μm filtered solution in PBS with BSA as a carrier.
- Please centrifuge product briefly before opening vial. The lyophilized protein should be reconstituted in sterile, ultra-pure water to a concentration of 0.1 - 1.0 mg/ml. This solution can then be diluted into other aqueous buffers and stored at -20°C for future use.
- Storage & Stability
- The lyophilized protein, though stable at room temperature for up to 3 weeks, is best stored desiccated at -20°C. Reconstituted rHu IL-24 should be used immediately or stored long-term in undiluted working aliquots at -20°C. For long-term storage it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA). Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
If you use this products in your scientific publication, it should be cited in the publication as: Creative Bioarray cat no. If your paper has been published, please click here to submit the Pub Med ID of your paper to get a coupon.