- Human Interleukin 13 (IL-13) is produced by activated Th0, Th1, Th2 and CD8 T cells. IL-13 is a pleiotropic immune regulatory cytokine that promotes growth of human B cells; induces expression of germ line Ce transcripts, directs na?ve B cells to switch to the synthesis of IgE and IgG4, and induces expression of CD23 and ClassII-MHC. In monocytes, IL-13 down-regulates FcgR expression; inhibits synthesis of proinflammatory cytokines, including TNF-a, IL-1b, IL-6 and IL-8; induces
monocyte/macrophage fusion and mannose receptor expression. IL-13 inhibits the synthesis of IL-12, nitric oxide synthase and cyclooxigenase-2. The human IL-13 cDNA encodes a 132 amino acid protein containing a 20 amino acid signal peptide. IL-13 binds to a heterodimeric receptor formed by the IL-13Ra and the IL-4Rb. Several high affinity IL-13 binding proteins have been reported.
- Product Overview
- Human IL13 expressed in E.coli
- A DNA sequence corresponding to amino acid residues Gly21 to Asn132 of the human IL-13 cDNA, containing Gly at position 61 and a Gln insertion at position 98, was expressed in E. coli.
- CAT# CSC-CTK0050-5 (5 μg); CAT# CSC-CTK0050-25 (25 μg)
- Greater than 97% as determined by SDS-PAGE and visualized by silver stain
- Activity was determined in a cell proliferation assay using a human factor-dependent cell line, TF-1 and the ED50 for this effect was typically 3 - 6 ng/mL.
- Endotoxin Level
- Endotoxin level less than 0.1 ng per 1 mg of the cytokine as determined by the LAL method.
- Lyophilized from a 0.2 μm filtered solution in PBS containing 50 mg of bovine serum albumin per 1 mg of cytokine.
- It is recommended that sterile phosphate-buffered saline containing at least 0.1% human serum albumin or bovine serum albumin be added to the vial to prepare a stock solution of no less than 5 mg /mL of the cytokine.
- Storage & Stability
- Lyophilized samples are stable for greater than six months at -20°C to -70°C. Reconstituted hIL-13 can be stored under sterile conditions at 2°C to 4°C for one month or at -20°C to -70°C for three months without detectable loss of activity. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
If you use this products in your scientific publication, it should be cited in the publication as: Creative Bioarray cat no. If your paper has been published, please click here to submit the Pub Med ID of your paper to get a coupon.