- Interleukin 1b is a protein that is distinct from IL-1a, although both these cytokines recognize the same cell surface receptors. Encoded by different genes, both proteins are synthesized as 31 kDa precursors that are subsequently cleaved into mature proteins with molecular weights of approximately 17.5 kDa. IL-
1a and IL-1b are potent pro-inflammatory cytokines that induce a wide variety of biological activities on different cell types. The 153 amino acid residue recombinant IL-1b has a predicted molecular mass of approximately 17 kDa.
- Product Overview
- Human IL1B expressed in E.coli
- A DNA sequence encoding the mature human IL-1b protein was expressed in E. coli.
- CAT# CSC-CTK0005-5 (5 μg); CAT# CSC-CTK0005-25 (25 μg)
- Greater than 97% as determined by SDS-PAGE and visualized by silver stain
- Activity was determined in a cell proliferation assay using the murine helper T cell line, D10.G4.1 and the ED50 for this effect was typically 5 - 10 pg/mL.
- Endotoxin Level
- Endotoxin level less than 0.1 ng per 1 mg of the cytokine as determined by the LAL method.
- Lyophilized from a 0.2 μm filtered solution in PBS containing 50 mg of bovine serum albumin per mg ofcytokine.
- It is recommended that sterile phosphate-buffered saline containing at least 0.1% human serum albumin or bovine serum albumin be added to the vial to prepare a stock solution of no less than 1 mg/mL of the cytokine.
- Storage & Stability
- Lyophilized samples are stable for greater than six months at -20°C to -70°C. Reconstituted hIL-1b can be stored under sterile conditions at 2°C to 4°C for one month or at -20°C to -70°C for three months without detectable loss of activity. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
If you use this products in your scientific publication, it should be cited in the publication as: Creative Bioarray cat no. If your paper has been published, please click here to submit the Pub Med ID of your paper to get a coupon.