- At least 23 different variants of IFN-alpha are known. The individual proteins have molecular masses between 19-26 kDa and consist of proteins with lengths of 156-166 and 172 amino acids. All IFN-alpha subtypes possess a common conserved sequence region between amino acid positions 115-151 while the amino-terminal ends are variable. Many IFN-alpha subtypes differ in their sequences at only one or two positions. Naturally occurring variants also include proteins truncated by 10 amino acids at the carboxy-terminal end. Recombinant human Interferon-alpha (rHu IFN-alpha) is a lymphoid factor, which possesses potent anti-viral activity. rHu IFN-alpha 1b is a non-glycosylated 19.4 kDa single-chain protein containing 166 amino acid residues.
- Product Overview
- Human IFNA1 expressed in E.coli
- CAT# CSC-CTK0177-100 (100 μg); CAT# CSC-CTK0177-500 (500 μg)
- Greater than 96% as determined by SDS-PAGE, FPLC and HPLC analysis.
- IFN-alpha 1b is fully biologically active when compared to a WHO standard. The specific activity as determined in a viral resistance assay using bovine kidney MDBK cells was found to be 1 x 10^8 IU per mg.
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 1 EU/μg.
- Lyophilized from a sterile-filtered protein solution (50 μg/ml) in PBS (pH 7.4) containing 4% mannitol and 1% HSA.
- Please centrifuge product briefly before opening the vial. The lyophilized protein should be reconstituted in sterile, ultra-pure water to a concentration of 0,1-1.0 mg/ml. This solution can then be diluted into other aqueous buffers and stored at -20°C for future use.
- Storage & Stability
- The lyophilized powder, though stable at room temperature for up to 3 weeks, is best stored desiccated at -20°C. Reconstituted IFN-alpha should be used immediately or stored long-term in undiluted working aliquots at -20°C. For long term storage, it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA). Please avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
If you use this products in your scientific publication, it should be cited in the publication as: Creative Bioarray cat no. If your paper has been published, please click here to submit the Pub Med ID of your paper to get a coupon.