- IGF-BPs controls the distribution, function and activity of IGFs in various cell tissues and body fluids. Currently there are seven named IGF-BPs that form high affinity complexes with both IGF- I and IGF-II. IGF-BP7 is expressed in a wide range of normal human tissues and it generally shows reduced expression in cancer cell lines of prostate, breast, colon, and lung origin. It plays a role in skeletal myogenesis by binding to IGF in a manner that inhibits IGF induced differentiation of skeletal myoblasts, without affecting IGF induced proliferation. Additionally, IGF-BP7 suppresses growth and colony formation of prostate and breast cancer cell lines through an IGF independent mechanism, which causes a delay in the G1 phase of the cell cycle, and increased apoptosis. Recombinant human IGF-BP7 is a 26.4 kDa protein consisting of 257 amino acid residues.
- Product Overview
- Human IGFBP7 expressed in E.coli
- CAT# CSC-CTK0208-25 (25 μg); CAT# CSC-CTK0208-125 (125 μg)
- Greater than 98% as determined by SDS-PAGE and HPLC analysis.
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 1 EU/μg.
- Lyophilized from a sterile-filtered solution in 10 mM acetic acid.
- Please centrifuge product before opening vial. The lyophilized protein should be reconstituted with sterile 10 mM acetic acid to a concentration of 0.1-1.0 mg/ml. For further dilution, carrier protein (0.1% BSA or HSA) should be added to avoid loss of bioactivity.
- Storage & Stability
- The lyophilized protein, though stable at room temperature for up to 3 weeks, is best stored desiccated at -20°C. Reconstituted protein should be used immediately or stored long-term in undiluted working aliquots at -20°C. For long-term storage it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA). Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
If you use this products in your scientific publication, it should be cited in the publication as: Creative Bioarray cat no. If your paper has been published, please click here to submit the Pub Med ID of your paper to get a coupon.