- IGF-BPs controls the distribution, function and activity of IGFs in various cell tissues and body fluids. Currently there are seven named IGF-BPs that form high affinity complexes with both IGF- I and IGF-II. IGF-BP-6 plays a role in lipoprotein assembly and dietary cholesterol absorption. in addition to its acyltransferase activity, it may act as a ligase. may provide cholesteryl esters for lipoprotein secretion from hepatocytes and intestinal mucosa.Human recombinant IGF-BP-6 produced in E. coli is a single, non-glycosylated polypeptide chain containing the amino acids 148-240 and having a molecular mass of 20 kDa including a 4 kDa His tag. It is purified by using proprietary chromatographic techniques.
- Product Overview
- Human IGFBP6 expressed in E.coli
- CAT# CSC-CTK0206-20 (20 μg); CAT# CSC-CTK0206-100 (100 μg)
- Greater than 80% as determined by SDS-PAGE and RP-HPLC analysis.
- Lyophilized (freeze-dried) powder. IGF-IBP-6 was lyophilized from a concentrated (1 mg/ml) solution containing 1X PBS, 0.1% SDS and 1mM DTT.
- Please centrifuge product briefly before opening vial. The lyophilized protein should be reconstituted in sterile, ultra-pure water to a concentration of 0.1-1.0 mg/ml. This solution can then be diluted into other aqueous buffers and stored at -20°C for future use.
- Storage & Stability
- The lyophilized protein, though stable at room temperature for up to 3 weeks, is best stored desiccated at -20°C. Reconstituted rHu IGF-BP-6 should be used immediately or stored long- term in undiluted working aliquots at -20°C. For long-term storage it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA). Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
If you use this products in your scientific publication, it should be cited in the publication as: Creative Bioarray cat no. If your paper has been published, please click here to submit the Pub Med ID of your paper to get a coupon.