- HB-EGF is an EGF related growth factor that signals through the EGF receptor, and stimulates the proliferation of smooth muscle cells (SMC), fibroblasts, epithelial cells, and keratinocytes. HB-EGF is expressed in numerous cell types and tissues, including vascular endothelial cells and SMC, macrophages, skeletal muscle, keratinocytes, and certain tumor cells. The ability of HB-EGF to specifically bind heparin and heparin sulfate proteoglycans is distinct from other EGF-like molecules, and may be related to the enhanced mitogenic activity, relative to EGF, that HB-EGF exerts on smooth muscle cells. The human HB-EGF gene encodes a 208 amino acid transmembrane protein, which can be proteolytically cleaved to produce soluble HB-EGF. Recombinant human HB-EGF produced in E. coli is a single, non-glycosylated polypeptide chain of 86 amino acids and a molecular mass of 9.7 kDa that has been purified by proprietary chromatographic techniques.
- Product Overview
- Human HBEGF expressed in E.coli
- CAT# CSC-CTK0130-50 (50 μg); CAT# CSC-CTK0130-250 (250 μg)
- Greater than 97% as determined by SDS-PAGE and RP-HPLC analysis.
- The ED50 was determined by a cell proliferation assay using balb/c 3T3 cells is 1 x 10^6 units/mg.
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 1 EU/μg.
- The protein was lyophilized from a sterile-filtered, concentrated (1 mg/ml) protein solution in 1xPBS (pH 7.4).
- Please centrifuge product briefly before opening vial. The lyophilized rHu HB-EGF should be reconstituted in sterile, ultra-pure water to a concentration of 0.1-1.0 mg/ml. This solution can then be diluted into other aqueous buffers and stored at -20°C for future use.
- Storage & Stability
- The lyophilized protein, though stable at room temperature for up to 3 weeks, should be stored desiccated at -20°C. Reconstituted rHu HB-EGF should be used immediately or stored in undiluted working aliquots at -20°C. Please avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles. For long-term storage, it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA). Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
If you use this products in your scientific publication, it should be cited in the publication as: Creative Bioarray cat no. If your paper has been published, please click here to submit the Pub Med ID of your paper to get a coupon.