- The 88-kDa Progranulin, also called proepithelin is a PC cell-derived growth factor. It is a single precursor protein of granulins which are a family of secreted, glycosylated peptides. They are cleaved from a single precursor protein with 7.5 repeats of a highly conserved 12-cysteine granulin/epithelin motif. Granulins are a variety of active, 6 kDa peptides named granulin A (epithelin 1), granulin B (epithelin 2), granulin C, etc. Both the peptides and intact progranulin protein regulate cell growth. However, different members of the granulin protein family may act as inhibitors, stimulators, or have dual actions on cell growth. Granulin family members are important in normal development, wound healing, and tumorigenesis.|Human recombinant Progranulin fused to FLAG at its C-terminus and produced in HEK cells is a single, glycosylated polypeptide chain of 593 amino acids having a molecular mass of 88 kDa. It is purified by standard chromatographic techniques.
- Product Overview
- Human GRN expressed in HEK cells
- CAT# CSC-CTK0121-10 (10 μg); CAT# CSC-CTK0121-50 (50 μg)
- Expression System
- HEK cells
- Greater than 90% as determined by SDS-PAGE and RP-HPLC analysis.
- 1. The effects of phospho-ERK1/2 and non-phospho-ERK1/2 on human Progranulin-FLAG in THP-1 cells were measured. To examine the signal of phospho-p44/42 MAPK and p44/42 MAP kinase, reactions were carried out at 37°C over 0, 30 and 60 minutes, respectively, by adding the recombinant protein (100 ng/ml) to the THP-1 monocyte cell, which were maintained with serum starvation for 24 hours. Recombinant proteins in lanes 1, 2, and 3 were subjected to THP- 1 monocyte cell treatments over 0, 30 and 60 minutes, respectively.
2. The effects of phospho- ERK1/2 and non-phospho-ERK1/2 on human Progranulin-FLAG in MCF10A cells were neasured. To examine the signal of phospho-p44/42 MAPK and p44/42 MAP kinase, reactions were carried out at 37°C over 0, 10, 30 and 60mins, respectively, by adding the recombinant protein (500 ng/ml) to MCF10A human breast epithelial cells, which were maintained with serum starvation for 24 hours. Recombinant proteins in lanes 2, 3 and 4 were subjected to MCF10A human breast epithelial cell treatments over 0, 10, 30 and 60 minutes, respectively.
- Sterile-filtered clear solution containing 1XPBS.
- Please centrifuge product briefly before opening vial. This solution can then be diluted into other aqueous buffers and stored at -20°C for future use.
- Storage & Stability
- The lyophilized protein, though stable at room temperature for up to 3 weeks, is best stored dessicated at -20°C. Reconstituted protein should be used immediately or stored long-term in undiluted working aliquots at –20°C. For long term storage, it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA). Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
If you use this products in your scientific publication, it should be cited in the publication as: Creative Bioarray cat no. If your paper has been published, please click here to submit the Pub Med ID of your paper to get a coupon.