- The gAcrp30 variant is a naturally occurring globular protein, obtained by proteolytic processing of adiponectin. Adiponectin is produced and secreted exclusively by adipocytes, and is a relatively abundant plasma protein, accounting for up to 0.05% of total serum protein. Like Adiponectin, Acrp30 is capable of decreasing hyperglycemia and reversing insulin resistance. Additionally, gAcrp30 has been shown to be an important factor in promoting fat loss by signaling muscle to absorb and burn Free-Fatty Acids (FFAs). The signaling receptors for adiponectin and gAcrp30 have recently been identified and names AdipoR1 and AdipoR2. AdipoR2 is predominantly expressed in the liver. This naturally occurring variant of human gAcrp30/Adipolean is an 18.1 kDa protein, containing 14 amino acids extra at the N-terminus of human gAcrp30/Adipolean.
- Product Overview
- Human ADIPOQ expressed in E.coli
- CAT# CSC-CTK0503-25 (25 μg); CAT# CSC-CTK0503-125 (125 μg)
- Greater than 98% as determined by SDS-PAGE and RP-HPLC analysis.
- Determined by a cytotoxicity assay using M1 cells. The expected ED50 for this effect is 0.5-1.0 μg/ml.
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 1 EU/μg.
- Sterile-filtered through a 0.2 micron filter. Lyoph ilized from a protein solution in 10 mM Tris (pH 9.0), 0.75 mM DTT.
- Please centrifuge product briefly before opening vial. The lyophilized protein should be reconstituted in sterile, ultrapure water or aqueous buffers to a concentration of 0.1- 1.0 mg mg/ml. This solution can then be diluted into other aqueous buffers and stored at -20°C for future use.
- Storage & Stability
- The lyophilized protein, though stable at room temperature for up to 3 weeks, is best stored desiccated at -20°C. Reconstituted protein should be used immediately or stored long-term in undiluted working aliquots at -20°C. For long term storage it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA). Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
If you use this products in your scientific publication, it should be cited in the publication as: Creative Bioarray cat no. If your paper has been published, please click here to submit the Pub Med ID of your paper to get a coupon.