- Follistatin (FS), a glycoprotein, plays an important role in cell growth and differentiation through the neutralization of the biological activities of activins. Follistatin (FST) is a monomeric activin- binding and neutralization protein that has at least three isoforms in human tissues and fluids. The full-length FS315 protein has an acidic 26-residue C-terminal tail that is not present in the shortest form, FS288, due to alternative splicing. An intermediate form, FS303, was identified in follicular fluid that is presumably derived by proteolytic processing of this tail domain. Interestingly, the biochemistry of each of these three isoforms is distinct, including their ability to bind to cell surface proteoglycans, an activity that ranks in the order FS288 > FS303 > FS315. Recombinant human Follistatin produced in E. coli is a single, non-glycosylated polypeptide chain of 288 amino acids and a total molecular mass of 31.5 kDa.
- Product Overview
- Human FST expressed in E.coli
- CAT# CSC-CTK0104-10 (10 μg); CAT# CSC-CTK0104-50 (50 μg)
- Greater than 95% as determined by SDS-PAGE, FPLC and RP-HPLC analysis.
- Recombinant Follistatin is fully biologically active when compared to a standard. The activity is determined by the ability to neutralize Activin A inhibitory effect of mouse MPC-11 cells. The expected ED50 is 0.1-0.4 μg/ml in the presence of 7.5 ng/ml Activin A.
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 1 EU/μg.
- Sterile-filtered, white, lyophilized (freeze-dried) powder. Lyophilized from a concentrated (1 mg/ml) solution containing no additives.
- Please centrifuge product briefly before opening vial. The lyophilized protein should be reconstituted in sterile, ultra-pure water to a concentration of 0.1-1.0 mg/ml. This solution can then be diluted into other aqueous buffers and stored at -20°C for future use.
- Storage & Stability
- The lyophilized protein, though stable at room temperature for up to 3 weeks, is best stored desiccated at -20°C. Reconstituted rHu FST should be used immediately or stored long-term in undiluted working aliquots at -20°C. For long-term storage it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA). Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
If you use this products in your scientific publication, it should be cited in the publication as: Creative Bioarray cat no. If your paper has been published, please click here to submit the Pub Med ID of your paper to get a coupon.