- Flt-3/Flk-2 ligand (FL) is a hematopoietic cytokine; its activities are mediated by binding to the transmembrane glycoprotein Flt-3/Flk-2 (CD135). FL synergizes with other hematopoietic cytokines such as IL-3, IL-6, TPO and SCF to stimulate growth and differentiation of early hematopoietic progenitors. FL has
also been shown to promote the development of lymphoid cells, including dendritic cells. Recombinant human FL contains 159 amino acid residues and has a predicted molecular mass of approximately 18 kDa after removal of the signal peptide, which contains 26 amino acid residues. Due to heterogenous glycosylation, recombinant
human FL migrates as multiple bands ranging from 24-28 kDa in SDS-PAGE.
- Product Overview
- Human Flt-3/Flk-2 ligand expressed in NS0 cells
- A DNA sequence encoding amino acid residues 1 (met) to 185 (pro) polypeptide of Flt-3/Flk-2 ligand (clone S86) was expressed in a mouse myeloma cell line, NS0.
- CAT# CSC-CTK0009-5 (5 μg); CAT# CSC-CTK0009-25 (25 μg)
- Expression System
- NS0 cells
- Greater than 97% as determined by SDS-PAGE and visualized by silver stain
- The biological activity of recombinant human Flt-3/Flk-2 ligand is measured by its ability to stimulate the proliferation of a mouse Flt-3-transfected BaF/3 cell line. The ED50 for this effect is typically 0.2 - 1 ng/mL.
- Endotoxin Level
- Endotoxin level is <1.0 EU per 1 μg cytokine, as determined by the LAL method.
- Recombinant human Flt-3/Flk-2 ligand is lyophilized from a 0.2 μm filtered solution in 40% acetonitrile and 0.1% trifluoroacetic acid, containing 50 μg bovine serum albumin per 1 μg cytokine.
- Reconstitute human Flt-3/Flk-2 ligand at a concentration greater than 10 μg/mL with sterile phosphate buffered saline (PBS) containing at least 0.1% human or bovine serum albumin.
- Storage & Stability
- Lyophilized human Flt-3/Flk-2 ligand is stable for up to twelve months from date of receipt at -20°C to -70°C. Reconstituted human Flt-3/Flk-2 ligand can be stored under sterile conditions at 2°C - 8°C for one month, or at -20°C to -70°C (in a manual defrost freezer) for three months without detectable loss of
activity. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing.
If you use this products in your scientific publication, it should be cited in the publication as: Creative Bioarray cat no. If your paper has been published, please click here to submit the Pub Med ID of your paper to get a coupon.