- FGF-21 is a secreted growth factor that is a member of the FGF family. Proteins of this family play a central role during prenatal development and postnatal growth and regeneration of a variety of tissues, by promoting cellular proliferation and differentiation. FGF-21, in the presence of beta-Klotho as a protein cofactor, signals through the FGFR 1c and 4 receptors and stimulates insulin independent glucose uptake by adipocytes. |Human recombinant Fibroblast Growth Factor -21 produced in E. coli is a 19.5 kDa protein containing 182 amino acid residues.
- Product Overview
- Human FGF21 expressed in E.coli
- CAT# CSC-CTK0172-25 (25 μg); CAT# CSC-CTK0172-125 (125 μg)
- Greater than 90% as determined by SDS-PAGE and HPLC analysis.
- FGF-21, in the absence of beta-Klotho, shows weak activity of thymidine uptake by BaF3 cells expressing FGF receptors.
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 1 EU/μg.
- Lyophilized (freeze-dried) powder. Sterile-filtered through a 0.2 micron filter and lyophilized from 10 mM sodium phosphate buffer (pH 7.5).
- Please centrifuge product briefly before opening vial. The lyophilized FGF-21 should be reconstituted in sterile, ultra-pure water to a concentration of 0.1-1.0 mg/ml. This solution can then be diluted into water or other aqueous buffers and stored at -20°C for future use.
- Storage & Stability
- The lyophilized protein, though stable at room temperature for up to 3 weeks, is best stored desiccated at -20°C. Reconstituted rHu FGF-21 should be used immediately or stored long-term in undiluted working aliquots at -20°C. For long-term storage it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA). Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
If you use this products in your scientific publication, it should be cited in the publication as: Creative Bioarray cat no. If your paper has been published, please click here to submit the Pub Med ID of your paper to get a coupon.