- Connective Tissue Growth Factor belongs to the CCN family of proteins. The CCN family presently consists of six members in human also known as: Cyr61, CTGF, Nov, WISP-1, 2 and 3. The CCN genes encode secreted proteins associated with the Extracellular Matrix (ECM) and cell membrane. CCN proteins are matricellular proteins which are involved in the regulation of various cellular functions including: proliferation, differentiation, survival, adhesion and migration. They are expressed in derivatives of the three embryonic sheets and are implicated in the development of kidney, nervous system, muscle, bone marrow, cartilage and bone. During adulthood, they are implicated in wound healing, bone fracture repair and pathologies such as: fibrosis, vascular ailments and tumorigenesis. Full length secreted CCN proteins can show an antiproliferative activity, whereas truncated isoforms are likely to stimulate proliferation and behave as oncogenes. The human CTGF His-tagged fusion protein, produced in E. coli, is a 38.3 kDa protein containing 323 amino acid residues of the human CTGF and 23 additional amino acid residues (His-tag/Xa -cleavage site).
- Product Overview
- Human CTGF expressed in E.coli
- CAT# CSC-CTK0590-10 (10 μg); CAT# CSC-CTK0590-50 (50 μg)
- Greater than 95% as determined by SDS-PAGE analysis.
- Sterile-filtered, white, lyophilized (freeze-dried) powder. Sterile-filtered and lyophilized from a 0. 5 mg/ml solution (0.05 M acetate buffer, pH 4).
- Please centrifuge product briefly before opening vial. For reconstitution, add 0.2 ml of 0.1 M acetate buffer (pH 4) and let the lyophilized pellet dissolve completely. For conversion into a higher pH value, we recommend intensive dilution with the relevant buffer to a concentration of 10 μg/ml. In higher concentrations the solubility of this antigen is limited. This solution can then be diluted into other aqueous buffers and stored at -20°C for future use.
- Storage & Stability
- The lyophilized protein is best stored desiccated at -20°C. Reconstituted rHu CTGF should be used immediately or stored long-term in undiluted working aliquots at -20°C.
If you use this products in your scientific publication, it should be cited in the publication as: Creative Bioarray cat no. If your paper has been published, please click here to submit the Pub Med ID of your paper to get a coupon.