- Synergism of IL-3 together with GM-CSF causes a rapid rise in neutrophils due to GM-CSF and a slower rise in platelets due to IL-3 which has strong stimulated effect on hematopoietic cells. The analog of GM-CSF/IL-3 is PIXY321. Results indicate that PIXY321 can stimulate multilineage hematopoiesis in vivo and enhance neutrophil and platelet recovery following chemotherapy and bone marrow transplantation (BMT). These results suggest that PIXY321 elicits the biological effects of both its component cytokines and represents a novel means of delivering two independent but interactive cytokines in combination. Human recombinant GM-CSF/IL-3 fusion protein produced in E. coli is a single, non-glycosylated polypeptide chain of 30 kDa. It is is purified by proprietary chromatographic techniques.
- Product Overview
- Human CSF3 expressed in E.coli
- CAT# CSC-CTK0155-10 (10 μg); CAT# CSC-CTK0155-50 (50 μg)
- Greater than 95% as determined by SDS-PAGE and FPLC analysis.
- The ED50, as determined by the dose-dependant stimulation of the proliferation of human TF-1 cells (human erythroleukemic indicator cell line), is < 0.2 ng/ml corresponding to a Specific Activity of 5 x 10^6 IU/mg.
- Sterile-filtered, white, lyophilized (freeze-dried) powder. The protein was lyophilized after extensive dialysis against 10 mM PBS (pH 7.4) and 0.1% BSA.
- Please centrifuge product briefly before opening the vial. The lyophilized protein should be reconstituted in water to a concentration of 0.1-1.0 mg/ml. This solution can then be diluted into water or other aqueous buffers and stored at -20°C for future use.
- Storage & Stability
- The lyophilized protein, though stable at room temperature for up to 3 weeks, is best stored desiccated at -20°C. Reconstituted protein should be used immediately or stored long-term in undiluted working aliquots at -20°C. For long-term storage it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA). Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
If you use this products in your scientific publication, it should be cited in the publication as: Creative Bioarray cat no. If your paper has been published, please click here to submit the Pub Med ID of your paper to get a coupon.