- Chemokine (C-X-C motif) ligand 5 (CXCL5) is a small cytokine belonging to the CXC chemokine family that is also known as epithelial-derived neutrophil-activating peptide 78 (ENA-78). It is produced following stimulation of cells with the inflammatory cytokines interleukin-1 or tumor necrosis factor-alpha. Expression of CXCL5 has also been observed in eosinophils, and can be inhibited with the type II interferon IFN-?. This chemokine stimulates the chemotaxis of neutrophils possesses angiogenic properties. It elicits these effects by interacting with the cell surface chemokine receptor CXCR2. The gene for CXCL5 is encoded on four exons and is located on human chromosome 4 amongst several other CXC chemokine genes. CXCL5 has been implicated in connective tissue remodelling. Recombinant human ENA-78 produced in E. coli is a single, non-glycosylated, polypeptide chain of 71 amino acids (8-78 a.a.) and a molecular mass of 7.8 kDa. It has been purified by proprietary chromatographic techniques.
- Product Overview
- Human CXCL5 expressed in E.coli
- CAT# CSC-CTK0430-20 (20 μg); CAT# CSC-CTK0430-100 (100 μg)
- Greater than 97% as determined by SDS-PAGE and RP-HPLC analysis.
- Recombinant human ENA-78 is fully biologically active when compared to a standard. The biological activity was determined by its ability to chemoattract human peripheral blood neutrophils using a concentration range of 10.0-100.0 ng/ml.
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 1 EU/μg.
- Sterile-filtered, white, lyophilized (freeze-dried) powder. Lyophilized from a 0.2 μm sterile-filtered concentrated protein solution in 1xPBS (pH 7.4).
- Please centrifuge product briefly before opening vial. The lyophilized protein should be reconstituted in sterile, ultra-pure water to a concentration of 0.1-1.0 mg/ml. This solution can then be diluted into other aqueous buffers and stored at -20°C for future use.
- Storage & Stability
- The lyophilized protein, though stable at room temperature for up to 3 weeks, is best stored desiccated at -20°C. Reconstituted rHu ENA-78 should be used immediately or stored long-term in undiluted working aliquots at -20°C. For long-term storage it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA). Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
If you use this products in your scientific publication, it should be cited in the publication as: Creative Bioarray cat no. If your paper has been published, please click here to submit the Pub Med ID of your paper to get a coupon.