- Three human MGSA/GRO genes encode 3 highly related chemokines, MGSA/GRO alpha, -beta and -gamma. All 3 MGSA/GRO proteins bind to the same receptors, but with differing affinities, and stimulate a number of biological responses including chemotaxis, angiogenesis, and growth regulation. Melanoma growth stimulatory activity/gro alpha (MGSA), a member of the alpha- chemokine family, is produced by a variety of dermal and epidermal cells and can act in a paracrine and autocrine fashion. Recombinant human GRO-alpha produced in E. coli is a single, non-glycosylated polypeptide chain of 73 amino acids and a molecular mass of 7,811 Dalton.
- Product Overview
- Human CXCL1 expressed in E.coli
- CAT# CSC-CTK0444-25 (25 μg); CAT# CSC-CTK0444-125 (125 μg)
- Greater than 97% as determined by SDS-PAGE and RP-HPLC analysis.
- Recombinant melanoma growth stimulatory activity is fully biologically active when compared to a standard. The biological activity is calculated by its ability to chemoattract human peripheral blood neutrophils using a concentration of 10-100 ng/ml.
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 1 EU/μg.
- Sterile-filtered, white, lyophilized (freeze-dried) powder. The protein was lyophilized from a concentrated (1 mg/ml), sterile solution in 20 mM P B (pH 7.4), 50 mM NaCl containing no additives.
- Please centrifuge product briefly before opening vial. The lyophilized protein should be reconstituted in sterile, ultra-pure water to a concentration of 0.1-1.0 mg/ml. This solution can then be diluted into other aqueous buffers and stored at -20°C for future use.
- Storage & Stability
- The lyophilized protein, though stable at room temperature for up to 3 weeks, is best stored desiccated at -20°C. Reconstituted rHu GRO-alpha should be used immediately or stored long- term in undiluted working aliquots at -20°C. For long-term storage it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA). Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
If you use this products in your scientific publication, it should be cited in the publication as: Creative Bioarray cat no. If your paper has been published, please click here to submit the Pub Med ID of your paper to get a coupon.