- CD34 is a cell surface antigen formerly known as hemopoietic progenitor cell antigen-1. CD34 is expressed selectively on human hematopoietic progenitor cells. The biological function of CD34 is still unknown. It is used as a surface marker for very early hematopoietic stem cells. Cells expressing CD34 respond to SCF (stem cell factor ) and LIF in the presence of colony stimulating factors and these factors can induce myeloid differentiation in these cells. The effects of some growth factors on cells expressing CD34 are counteracted by IP-10, a factor the expression of which is induced by IFN-gamma. The proliferation of human CD34 cells is stimulated also by IL- 11, and IL11 synergises with SCF, IL-3, and GM-CSF. In the presence of human IL-17, fibroblasts can sustain the proliferation of CD34 hematopoietic progenitors and their preferential maturation into neutrophils. The full length human CD34 is a 385 amino acid protein, consisting of a 31 amino acid signal sequence, a 74 amino acid cytoplasmic domain, a 21 amino acid transmembrane domain and a 259 amino acid extracellular domain. Recombinant human sCD34 is a 258 amino acid polypeptide containing only the extracellular domain of the full length CD34 protein.
- Product Overview
- Human CD34 expressed in CHO cells
- CAT# CSC-CTK0307-20 (20 μg); CAT# CSC-CTK0307-100 (100 μg)
- Expression System
- CHO cells
- Greater than 95% as determined by SDS-PAGE and HPLC analyses.
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 1 EU/μg.
- Sterile filtered through a 0.2 micron filter and ly ophilized from 10 mM sodium phosphate buffer (pH 7.5).
- Please centrifuge product briefly before opening vial. The lyophilized protein should be reconstituted in sterile, ultra-pure water to a concentration of 0.1 - 1.0 mg/ml. This solution can then be diluted into other aqueous buffers and stored at -20°C for future use.
- Storage & Stability
- The lyophilized protein, though stable at room temperature for up to 3 weeks, is best stored dessicated at -20°C. Reconstituted protein should be used immediately or stored long-term in undiluted working aliquots at –20°C. For long term storage, it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA). Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
If you use this products in your scientific publication, it should be cited in the publication as: Creative Bioarray cat no. If your paper has been published, please click here to submit the Pub Med ID of your paper to get a coupon.